Board logo

Luego's at Stafford
rusty nuts - 10/9/09 at 06:46 PM

Any Luego owners going to Stafford , haven't seen anything yet ? Mel

Paul (Notts) - 10/9/09 at 07:26 PM

I am planning to go down either Friday night or early Sat .

Th Viento has no engine in it at the moment so Ill be in the tin top.

Paul

jollygreengiant - 10/9/09 at 07:30 PM

Greetings to all.

Yep sorry I have been a bit pushed just of late.

Hopefully I should now be in apossition in the next few days to send out the LONG promised news letter as I now seem to have a fully funtioning email.

Re Stafford, I have sent of booking in request to Den Tanner (quite some time ago), but, other than an official advertising blurb (which does mention the Luego Owners Club), I have received NO notifiction of pitch placement etc.

I believe that there are going to be a few notable absentees this year at Stafford due to early over winter work, clashes with other shows, mechanical problems. However there are also a few new on the road cars for which this could be the first show. To All that do go lets have a good one.

I should be attending, unless it is abolutely piddling it down, but probably only for the Saturday (due to work commitments), so consequently I shall not be bringing barbie or tent etc.

Further and this is important, I am canceling the need for special dress code at this show and postponing it to the Stonleigh Show as I think that will have a much better outcome. Full details of this WILL be outlined and explained in the news letter.

madteg - 10/9/09 at 08:15 PM

Me and mrs vodka are going up friday to sunday see you all there.

wilkingj - 10/9/09 at 08:28 PM

Cant make it, too much on with my sons and Uni etc.
Also got a rad leak on the Viento... again.

And the Volvo's Lambda Sensor has just packed up.

Sorry Lads

johhny5 - 10/9/09 at 09:16 PM

Sorry cant make Saturday i am at the NIA watching the World Judo Championships.
I am trying to get there for Sunday if anybody is there??

Paul (Notts) - 10/9/09 at 09:59 PM

just seen the price of camping in a tin top...may just turn up on Sat and stay Sat night, BUT not pay like last year.

Paul

NeilP - 11/9/09 at 05:40 PM

Will be there bright and early tomorrow but probably not staying as a long day planned on Sunday...

mistergrumpy - 11/9/09 at 05:54 PM

Wow! Don't turn up tomorrow. The show's the weekend ofter this.

richard thomas - 11/9/09 at 09:23 PM

No gear stick......

Or MOT.....

NeilP - 11/9/09 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
Wow! Don't turn up tomorrow. The show's the weekend ofter this.

Awww b***locks - I thought it was too good to be true - I'm busy next weekend....

bill132hotrod - 12/9/09 at 02:49 PM

Hi guys
Sorry will not be at Stafford.
The company i work for has just been taken over and none of us know where we stand at the moment its a complete balls up, they want to change our shift patterns and change the ways we do everthing.
Regards Bill.

prawnabie - 12/9/09 at 03:01 PM

Anybody seen any official websites for this - all i can find is a site saying it will be 30% bigger than last year.

Thanks

Shaun

mistergrumpy - 12/9/09 at 03:46 PM

Only this which was about as much as we got last year.

perci - 13/9/09 at 07:21 AM

me(beck) & heidi will be coming up for the day saturday as long as weather is fine, cant stay for the weekend as got mini show on the sunday.

Paul (Notts) - 13/9/09 at 04:29 PM

Decided to give Stafford a miss this year. The kit car has not left the Garage more that once in the last 2 months despite having 6 weeks off work over the summer. I just don’t seem to have the enthusiasm to do any work on it at the moment. I also have a half built Mini engine sat on the bench with all the parts cleaned and ready to finish it off.

Should get paid some money I am owed next week ( 5 months over due from work ) so I am hoping that the purchase of a megasuirt ecu will kick start me into getting the car back on the road.

The Big plan is to be ready for Stoneleigh next year running a customised thor manifold and bike throttle bodies. Got most of the parts just need to get started.

See you all at Stoneleigh

Paul

ps - lest hope I get a good wind in the sails

stevegough - 17/9/09 at 08:25 PM

Been extremely busy with allsorts of other 'projects' - (mainly the new pond) which I am close to finishing - as a result, haven't touched the kit since beginning of july! - hoping to get it finished, IVA'd and OTR for Stoneleigh 2010. Will be at Stafford on the saturday but doesn't look like much of a LUIGI turnout judging by this thread.....?

Regards, Steve.

Snuggs - 18/9/09 at 01:25 PM

I am setting off in about 45 mins

See you there.

NeilP - 18/9/09 at 05:23 PM

Sorry folks - tried to rearrange this weekend but lacking either teleportation or cloning as viable garage enterprises it's not to be - Hope you all have a great time!

Neil.

rusty nuts - 18/9/09 at 05:28 PM

Not going to be there , hope you all have a good time . Don't forget the piccies!. Mel

Irony - 19/9/09 at 07:18 PM

I was planning to go to the Stafford Show to see some fully built Viento's!!!!. I.e to pick the brains of owners and take some informative photos of what I am hoping to build.

But it looks like to me there won't be any Vientos to look at

Anyone at Stafford???????? My Girlfriend would leap at the chance not to go I think!!!!!!!!!!!

jollygreengiant - 19/9/09 at 09:50 PM

Yep, Snuggs is there, I was there on Saturday, but Clive (Snuggs, 4.0l V8) will still be there on Sunday. Just don't ask about the Girraffe's.

rusty nuts - 20/9/09 at 11:45 AM

Sorry to have missed everyone , hope you all had a good time , see you at Stoneleigh next year if I manage to get the car rebuilt over the winter. Crap powder coating!

richard thomas - 22/9/09 at 07:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Sorry to have missed everyone , hope you all had a good time , see you at Stoneleigh next year if I manage to get the car rebuilt over the winter. Crap powder coating!

Mel, I assume you are going for paint next time?

rusty nuts - 22/9/09 at 08:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by richard thomas

Mel, I assume you are going for paint next time?

Too true, at least I will be able to touch it up if needed , a mate mixed me up some brushable paint last year that I used on the wishbones that seems to be weathering OK, goes on easily and dries as good at the powder coating

richard thomas - 22/9/09 at 08:35 PM

That's what I was wondering - whether brush on finish is as good as sprayed on...got to be thicker which can only be a good thing!

rusty nuts - 22/9/09 at 08:48 PM

Will see if I can find out what the paint is called, my mate works at a car refinishing suppliers and can mix any colour .