Board logo

SVA- NEWCASTLE
Krismc - 10/2/09 at 07:53 PM

JUST GOT MY SVA APPOINTMENT AT NEWCASTLE.......17th April.

There new facilitys are pretty good, lets hope they dont know how to use them.

Actually i Spoke to the Guy and he seems pretty fair, seems to know what he is talking about.

Robert Ryan - 10/2/09 at 07:57 PM

Good luck.
You will need it at Newcastle.

All the best Rob

Krismc - 10/2/09 at 08:18 PM

People with MNRs keep saying that but have never had there cars tested there??

Surely if mnr sell a SVA friendly Vortx it should pass anywhere.

And 3 years of been ripped off by companies, i can only trust my self to sva it, and i can only get a half day off work. id rather fail at newcastle a few times then have a unsafe car, or pay another half wit who stole parts from my car, and never actually took it to sva.

Oh and Plenty of people from Ne7ers and a few others on here have passed at newcastle, guiness and Andre both passed first time i think!

skippad - 10/2/09 at 09:28 PM

As Rob says...good luck, you'll definitely need it!
Newcastle is the SS division of sva testing stations.

as far as i'm aware Nobody has ever passed first time. (thats what the tester told me....great eh!)

Beverley's the one to go to.

jake_truck - 10/2/09 at 09:29 PM

Kris

Andy's indy passed at newcastle as you know. I was there and thought the inspector was decent enough. I am there this friday with my indy, and I hope he is decent then!!

John

ruskino80 - 10/2/09 at 09:57 PM

i got a first time fail at newcastle-i just found the tester(cant' remember his name as it was a few years agoi) to be very very dull,you would think that casting there eyes over wagons and alike all day long they would be a bit more enthused with a kit car or similar.
its good to have a fail sheet though in some sense as it gives you a firm goal to work to.
you won't get a fail though i am sure

tomblyth - 10/2/09 at 10:03 PM

hope you want company! Deneo and I want to come
(will bring tools just in case!)

jake_truck - 10/2/09 at 10:24 PM

just keep your fingers crossed Tom!!
Not expecting first time pass so won't be too disapointed

John

lotusmadandy - 11/2/09 at 08:44 AM

As John has said,my indy passed second
time at newcastle and i found the tester
David his name is,to be very fair.i will be there with John on friday morning and hope for a first time pass.John used my fail sheet and built his car the same as mine so hopfully a pass.
Good luck to you Kris for yours in april,i am on holiday at the time so will be eager to get back and speak to you.

Andy

coozer - 11/2/09 at 08:48 AM

Dying to see all these cars 'in convoy'

lotusmadandy - 11/2/09 at 09:07 AM

That will be a great sight to see,we can all go to steves house for breakfast:

Andy

DarrenW - 11/2/09 at 12:42 PM

I passed second time at Gosforth. Found the tester (DR) to be very good. Firm but fair. Every fail point was discussed (not argued) and he was more than happy to discuss potential solutions after the test was completed. At the retest i had a small issue and he let me fix it there.

Yeah Gosforth can be strict, but as said already nowt wrong with that if you end up with a good car.

Did you tell the SVA man that you were bringing an MNR when you spoke to him. Interested to know if he advised a few areas to be mindful of.

What issues have other MNR owners had there. I recall they didnt like the rack extensions for some reason. Anything else?

If Steve's missus still has some Xmas cake in that is worth sampling with a coffee

Krismc - 11/2/09 at 06:27 PM

Cant see what would be wrong with rack extensions?? they solid 25mm round ally.

...looks like we all coming to yours steve for coffee and cake when we pass!!

[Edited on 11/2/09 by Krismc]

DarrenW - 11/2/09 at 10:53 PM

Wasnt it the fact that they were ally that was the problem. Somethiong to do with not being able to prove the grade being suitable for application. Mine are painted steel and no questions asked.

Wooohoo - cake and coffee at Steves. Ill chuck the fan vent tube in as well while im there.

How much is left to do Kris? Im chuffed that its coming together. Just narked that im a bit too far away to pop over. Maybe a few of us to arrange a night to convene and do a stint.