Board logo

exhaust exit side panel hole, sharp edges..?
foes - 13/2/09 at 11:47 PM

Anyone know if this should pass sva?

the edges in the side panel would obviously fail but i don't think they would be accesible by the 'sphere' that they are checked with, so should pass..?

[Edited on 13/2/09 by foes]

DanP - 13/2/09 at 11:59 PM

Mine failed this week on this, even though the sphere couldn't touch the edges I was failed on the rule that sheet metal edges should be bent back on themselves or trimmed.

Hth
Dan

MikeR - 14/2/09 at 12:12 AM

copper brake pipe split down the middle and pushed on should sort it and not melt.

Not sure how you split it down the middle - maybe careful angle grinder, but i've heard of someone else doing this.

foes - 14/2/09 at 12:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
copper brake pipe split down the middle and pushed on should sort it and not melt.

Not sure how you split it down the middle - maybe careful angle grinder, but i've heard of someone else doing this.

Yeh steve at aries told me that, i got some copper pipe ready (maybe do it with the dremel..?), but was hoping it would pass without

omega0684 - 14/2/09 at 12:54 AM

i would give at least 1 inch gap between the edge of the side panel and the pipes, you can then use rubber edging and it won't melt

Simon - 14/2/09 at 01:20 AM

I used ally tube from B&Q, carefully bent to shape, then cut (carefully) with hacksaw.

Push into place, then either glue or ally solder into place.

ATB

Simon

James - 14/2/09 at 02:18 AM

I put 'U' trim on my silencer edges... it's not melted yet!

But then it is the silencer which I guess is cooler.

The Baron - 14/2/09 at 10:14 AM

I put normal 'u' trim on mine as well, and it passed ok.

B

gottabedone - 14/2/09 at 11:51 AM

Either way, you can't cover it up too much as that's a nice piece of work!

Steve

foes - 14/2/09 at 12:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gottabedone
Either way, you can't cover it up too much as that's a nice piece of work!

Steve

Cheers..!

Yeh i'm not making the hole any bigger just so i can put some pastic trim on, i'll prob have a go with some split copper pipe.
Unless anyone has passed without trim that is...?

speedyxjs - 14/2/09 at 12:21 PM

Id cit the copper pipe with a dremel but be careful it doesnt fall of after SVA