Board logo

Age related or Q plate
LBMEFM - 4/8/09 at 07:49 PM

I am awiting for DVLA to register my MK Indy-Fireblade. From the doner Sierra, which I have the V5 for, I used the front uprights, steering rack, steering column, master cylinder, handbrake assemble, modified prop, rear diff, drive shafts and rear brake calipers. Is there any chance I will get an age related plate.

jpindy3 - 4/8/09 at 07:52 PM

yes you can,if you have 5 or more bits form the doner car

[Edited on 4/8/09 by jpindy3]

roadrunner - 4/8/09 at 08:03 PM

I prefer to be on a Q plate, you cant tell how old the car is. I know i cant get a personalized plate but then the reg doesn't say 1998 when it was built in 2005. IMHO.

mad-butcher - 4/8/09 at 08:19 PM

Hopefully you'll get what you want, I think you deserve it after all your hastle with the blades age. but sorry it appears to depend on the dvla office.
mines on a c plate, but logbook says
date of first registration 03/03/2009
date of first registration in the UK 03/03/2009
I've read of cases were the date of first registration is that of the doner
sorry not much help really

tony

907 - 4/8/09 at 08:22 PM

I would like a number plate that depicts the years my car was built but the cars not big enough to fit it all on.

Paul G

Ben_Copeland - 4/8/09 at 08:31 PM

You need 2 major components.... Rear diff and steering assembly. Might just scrape through.

Blag it with maidstone dvla and they should be ok.

Give me hassle over my chassis cos i made mine, but eventually gave in and i got age related......... Old J plate. 1971

joemotion - 4/8/09 at 09:05 PM

i just gave em the log book and said what bits were from the sierra - they only asked what bits had been used at inspection and that was it! over in 5 mins

I was after a 1988 F plate however for whatever reason they gave me an FC03 *** plate??? not fussed as its a new style reg! and this wa sonly a week ago!

pewe - 5/8/09 at 09:06 AM

Age related plate depends on which major components you used from the donor. These are then scored on a points basis to qualify for age related/donor plate.
Off the top of my head I think it unlikely they'll issue you with one unless you can find a sympathetic ear.
Q plate does have the advantage that they can only MOT (in 3 years time) for visual emissions.
HTH.
Cheers, Pewe