Board logo

Got my v5 back today
lotusmadandy - 6/2/10 at 05:53 PM

Ten days ago i sent my v5 away to the DVLA with the new engine no,receipt and a few photos,having just completed a zetec conversion.

Today the new v5 came back to me updated and they sent the photos back.

Well chuffed as i was expecting some sort of slaver regarding an engineers report

Andy

Yorkie - 6/2/10 at 06:25 PM

Its official then!

lotusmadandy - 6/2/10 at 06:32 PM

It is Neil,feel free to register your engine.

How's your build going mate?

Andy

McLannahan - 6/2/10 at 06:34 PM

I did the same thing a few months back. LOADS of photos, scans, engine number and proof....

And I got squat. Engineer's report please!

I think though that when the capacity goes down (1.6 to 919cc) that they're more fussy. I guess more reason to abuse the system and get a reduction in car tax! Still haven't done it - note to self I must sort!!

lotusmadandy - 6/2/10 at 07:56 PM

Yup, i have heard that that happens when going from car to bike engine but was still prepared for the same with mine.

Take yours to a garage you trust and ask them to type up something for you.Try not to leave it to long,you dont want to fall foul of the DVLA.
I hope you get it sorted soon mate,

Andy

flibble - 6/2/10 at 08:22 PM

What photos did you include? Genaral swap photos or detailed pics of engine number, the donor car etc etc.?
Would be interested as I've been putting this off for a while now

lotusmadandy - 6/2/10 at 08:40 PM

I took one photo of the pinto and three of the zetec,on one of the zetec pics the engine no was clearly visible.
I included the purchase reciept with the photos and sent it away. The photos of both engine's are in the car.

I was a bit concerned myself but thought,i have to do it sometime.
Andy