Board logo

IVA fail
dunk3 - 4/8/10 at 08:16 PM

Well had my IVA today at nottingham was a good day not as scary as pepole say, Andy the tester was a nice guy, realy freindley helped me as much as he could , Failed on 3 things, (1) emmisions, running rich (2) speedo, needs some adjusting, (3) fog light, the fog light was coming on with the side lights, should only come on with dip and main beam, hoping to get a re-test next week.

speedyxjs - 4/8/10 at 08:17 PM

Sounds like some pretty easy fixes. Good luck with the retest.

sdh2903 - 4/8/10 at 08:26 PM

How can that fog light issue be a fail, both my tin tops do that and one isnt that old????

speedyxjs - 4/8/10 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
How can that fog light issue be a fail, both my tin tops do that and one isnt that old????

Mine too but i think the IVA manual says only front fogs can work with side lights and rear fogs have to work with dipped and main only.

Stott - 4/8/10 at 09:32 PM

Re post: Here

(joke)

well done, that's not much work to get done really, if mine ever makes it out of the garage I'll be happy

ATB
Stott

PS all my tintop foglights only work with dip & main, you lot must have strange road cars

Bumble - 4/8/10 at 10:10 PM

Great result and some easy fixes there.......I hope I get as good a fail when the time comes!!

Daddylonglegs - 5/8/10 at 12:37 AM

I'd consider that a damn good fail

As far as I am aware though, the fogs are only supposed to come on with dip beam, if it's good enough for main, then it's not bad enough for fogs. That's what I'd heard anyhow?

Good luck with the re-test.

franky - 5/8/10 at 07:39 AM

is it wrong to say well done!?

matt_claydon - 5/8/10 at 09:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903

They shouldn't do, unless the switch is two-position and brings on front fogs first. Type-approval legislation is fairly clear. ECE Regulation 48:

quote:

6.11. REAR FOG LAMP

[...]

6.11.7. Electrical connections
These shall be such that:

6.11.7.1. The rear fog-lamp(s) cannot be switched on unless the main beams, dipped beams or front fog-lamps are lit;

6.11.7.2. The rear fog-lamp(s) can be switched off independently of any other lamp;

[Edited on 5/8/10 by matt_claydon]

dunk3 - 5/8/10 at 11:10 AM

Thanks for the nice replys guys. Well just got off the phone with nottingham, my retest is next wednesday, fog light is now sorted, emmisions is sorted, just need to get the speedo calibrated, then its ready.

adithorp - 5/8/10 at 11:18 AM

Good result I'd say. Well done.

If you've built it right then the IVA isn't the nightmare some people will make out. The reg's are that complicated it's near imposible not to fail on something. There's some stuff you'd be hard pressed to check before (noise, emmisions, brake force, speedo...).

Did you drive there?

adrian

dunk3 - 5/8/10 at 12:36 PM

Cheers Adrian, no i did not drive it there i took it on a trailer, too much money to lose if you break down or get a puncture, or delayed for any other reason.