Board logo

IVA Retest booked
Blackbird Rush - 26/8/10 at 01:16 PM

Booked up for a re-test next week, just got to file down the edge on a repeater and fit some IVA friendly bonnet catches.

Fingers crossed

Also, can you drive straight from the test centre (assuming you pass) to the DVLA office to hand over the forms etc and have an inspection? do you have to make a booking? or is it a postal job and wait.....

Cheers

Ash.

adithorp - 26/8/10 at 02:20 PM

You can drive it to and from the IVA but you can't drive it to the DVLA (although some have) and some DVLA centres don't do thier inspection at thier office. Manchester for example do it at Chadderton VOSA site as they don't have parking space at the DVLA office.

panichat - 26/8/10 at 03:00 PM

I went straight to the DVLA. It was on the way between VOSA and my home (kind of), but I'm not sure that it would have been legal if it was not en route.
I was lucky that they were able to fit in an inspection because of a cancellation.
Good luck with the test.
Dave

mcerd1 - 26/8/10 at 04:10 PM

good luck Ash

I waiting to here how you get on with the side repeaters.......

stuleah - 26/8/10 at 06:18 PM

Good luck Ash, i have got my retest next thursday aswell.

Blackbird Rush - 26/8/10 at 08:00 PM

Thanks, the dvla place has parking and is kinda on the way home.

I'll give them a ring to see if it can be done.....

jack_t - 26/8/10 at 10:00 PM

you dont actually need an inspection if u have an iva certificate

PeteS2k - 27/8/10 at 07:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jack_t
you dont actually need an inspection if u have an iva certificate

Unfortunately, it's totally dependent on the individual DVLA - there's no consistency. I needed an inspection post-IVA to satisfy the Preston office. It also took several weeks for them to get through the paperwork. Other offices in other parts of the country will allow you to roll up and walk out with a tax disc!

Blackbird Rush - 31/8/10 at 04:25 PM

Checked with the DVLA today, aparantly i can just turn up and submit the paperwork but its not a sit and wait service prob take a good couple of weeks

Ho Hum i'll send off the paperwork and sit on my hands......

Fingers crossed for a pass tomorrow.