Board logo

MOT Requirements for Q plale
rallyingden - 8/2/12 at 10:51 AM

Thought I would share my expierence of this morning with you:-

Just had my V11 Tax remider through for my first re tax, on it it states "Appropriate MOT test Certificate" Hang on I thought Mr IVA said I would not need an MOT for 3 years.
So phoned DVLA and got through, eventually, to a nice guy who said YES as we know date of construction and date of first registration YOU DO NOT NEED MOT FOR THREE YEARS. He said what happens is computer see's Q plate and issues need for MOT.
He has told me to get a V112 ( Self declaration that no MOT required ) and go to local post office, they should be familiar with the regulation but if I have any problems to get them to phone DVLA direct help line.
So good result....... just going to download V112 and see haow we go on.

RD

BenB - 8/2/12 at 11:27 AM

Yes, it's usually straightforward. If the post office don't know what to do you can always send the forms (recorded delivery) to your local DVLA office and they'll sort it out. At least that's what I always did, I suspect my local post office don't often get invovled with Q plates...

john_p_b - 8/2/12 at 11:42 AM

i printed off a v112 form, signed it in the appropriate place, took it with my insurance etc to the post office and walked out with a new tax disc no drama. just a PITA you can't tax online for the 1st 3 years.

Ben_Copeland - 8/2/12 at 12:32 PM

People have had this issue for years. Same advice is always given. Exactly as you have found out.

ashg - 8/2/12 at 01:05 PM

can tax mine online (age related plate) when you register it make sure the date on the first registration is not the date of the donor

PeteS2k - 11/2/12 at 12:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john_p_b
i printed off a v112 form, signed it in the appropriate place, took it with my insurance etc to the post office and walked out with a new tax disc no drama. just a PITA you can't tax online for the 1st 3 years.

Not sure where you got that information from? Taxed mine online last year after 12 months on the road. Q plate, reminder said MOT required just as the OP, however the online system confirmed all ok - disc in the post a few days later.