Board logo

Booking IVA Test
Mr C - 13/2/12 at 09:15 PM

I want to go for the IVA test in April so I was after a rough Idea of how soon to send off forms and fees etc. Also do the wait times also vary from site to site.? and does anyone have a preference for a particular testing station? (or any to avoid for that matter) I'm in the south east though willing to travel.

[Edited on 13/2/12 by Mr C]

Ben_Copeland - 13/2/12 at 09:26 PM

South east as in Kent? Gillingham is possibly your closest. Heard many bad things about them including my own experiences. One tester was heard boasting that he's never passed a car first time!!

You can book a test at anytime and specify a date. Allow about 2 weeks for booking.

gavin174 - 13/2/12 at 09:33 PM

we (essex kitcar club) put 4 cars through Norwich,

and 4 first time passes.

Eddie99 took his car there, and unfortunately there was a new tester.

who was very strict.

wicket - 13/2/12 at 10:57 PM

Mitcham are good from my experience.

PeterV - 13/2/12 at 11:11 PM

Norwich was fair with my one. Only a few fails things like sharp edges, steering self centre plus a few other minor things. So I'd rate them.

DJT - 14/2/12 at 02:47 PM

Had my test at Yeading last week (fail on just a few items). They were very fair. Will see how the re-test goes.

Waiting time was just days. If you ring the central VOSA number in Swansea they can tell you the waiting time at a particular test centre. Then on the application form you can choose a specific day (inc. AM or PM) or you can request ASAP.

Good luck!

wicket - 14/2/12 at 03:41 PM

Mitcham used to do mornings only

DJT - 14/2/12 at 04:20 PM

I heard Mitcham is closed now.