Board logo

Just posted IVA Application
-matt - 10/8/12 at 02:32 PM

Well I sent the IVA application off today.

How long roughly should it take before i hear anything back?

BTW, i put Bristol and Cardiff down as Test centres.

Will i get a confirmation, or won't i hear anything till the test centre arranges a date?

Oh and I'm starting to get a little excited

Cheers

GOJO - 10/8/12 at 05:17 PM

3 weeks ish then another 3 weeks from then for the date

parkiboy - 10/8/12 at 08:02 PM

I heard the day after I posted it to take payment, them heard again a week later by the technical team asking some questions about the car, it then took a week after that to get a date which was around a 2-3 week wait (can't remember exactly)

I failed my iva but the retest was done less than a week later, they are pretty quick for retests

sdh2903 - 10/8/12 at 09:08 PM

All depends on the test centre. I posted mine. 4 days later they phoned to take payment. 3 days later Glasgow test centre phoned with a date for 6 days later.

After I passed the paperwork was done at dvla last Friday. The car was inspected yesterday and my paperwork was ready for collection this afternoon.

If you're in a hurry get the dvla inspection done before iva.

-matt - 10/8/12 at 10:00 PM

Thanks, i will just have to wait and see. (i don't want the test too soon mind, still a few bits of trimming to finish)

Didn't know i could do the DVLA inspection first? Ive just applied for the V55/4 form, do i need to send this off before IVA in order to get the inspection first? or do i need to just ask for the inspection first?