Board logo

dvla
jacko - 18/4/05 at 07:08 PM

Hi all - Just been to Beverley to try and tax my car a few days in advance because it was convenient to me. Unfortunately the all important person there decided I can't tax my car until two days before the 1st of May because it has been SORN. If it hadn't been SORN I could have taxed it there and then. Why?......
Also if I tax my car at Beverley I have to fill in forms if I tax it at the post office there are no forms to fill in. Why......?
Is it just Beverley been awkward or are all DVLA offices doing it this way? Any comments? Jacko.

longwayoff - 18/4/05 at 07:33 PM

From my experience they are a law to themselves making up the rules as they go along. Different offices seem to have different opinions on the rules, recently when I finally managed to get through to Swansea I was told one thing, when I went to my local office in Lincoln I was told something completely different which meant I could not do what I intended. All ok for the smug cow behind the glass, maybe she had had an argument with her girl friend, or it was pmt or something but she did not have the eighty mile wasted round trip.

Not that I am bitter

theconrodkid - 18/4/05 at 07:34 PM

are you trying to tax it from may 1st or april 1st,i,m going to tax mine soon and was wondering if they would let me tax it from may1st (sunday) if i got the disc on sat?

jacko - 18/4/05 at 07:44 PM

Hi Theconrodkid im wanting it taxed from 1st of may Jacko

Hornet - 18/4/05 at 07:59 PM

Seems fair.... it is only the 18th of april.

They would have been happy for u to tax it from the 1st of April.

jacko - 18/4/05 at 08:32 PM

bollocks whats fair about not been able to tax it early its money in there bank and It was convenient for me to do it today as I was already in Beverley now it means a special trip. Jacko

kipper - 18/4/05 at 10:07 PM

Hi Jacko.....have you tried the post office at Asda, Kingswood you would save a trip to Beverly.Regards Kipper....
Come on you ULL
Forgot to say they are open later than normal post office's..

[Edited on 18/4/05 by kipper]

Peteff - 18/4/05 at 10:20 PM

I was in the post office and a girl tried to tax her car from the beginning of next month. The assistant said she could only do it 2 days before the end of the previous month.
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/vehlicnc.htm
Scroll down to When can I apply for a new licence. You can only do it early if it has tax already on it. Why not do it at the Post Office instead of Beverley or do it by post if it's Sorn anyway?

Hornet - 19/4/05 at 07:09 AM

bollocks?...... Zoomer