Board logo

SVA Inspection Manual - Draft - Cost saving exercise?
adurling - 27/3/06 at 12:33 AM

In a bid to save myself £37 I have downloaded a draft copy of the SVA inspection manual from VOSA's web site. I found the link on a cobra forum...

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/publications/sva%20draft%20manual.pdf

Don't know why they would publish a draft? Does anyone know if this is likely to have any glaring omissions? The issue dates seem to top out at March 2004...

Any help much appreciated.

Humbug - 27/3/06 at 06:21 AM

I would get the full one if I were you - as I understand it, the draft is not complete (if you search for "draft" in the SVA/Legal forum on here you will find more info) - 50 pages less.

At the end of the day, you want to be able to pass SVA, so using a shorter draft risks missing something important

NS Dev - 27/3/06 at 07:29 AM

there's a download link on here somewhere to the latest full version, downloaded it the other day, not much difference to the draft one that I already had downloaded but there are a few more bits.

doubt it would make the difference between pass and fail tho.

Mix - 27/3/06 at 07:30 AM

There is a full version hosted by 'worzelgummage' or something like that, the links are posted elsewhere in this forum.

Mick

NS Dev - 27/3/06 at 07:32 AM

sva manual link

Gav - 27/3/06 at 10:06 AM

Im quite surprised by how many times that things been downloaded!

[Edited on 27/3/06 by Gav]

adurling - 27/3/06 at 10:46 PM

Thanks for the link... wish I hadn't rushed about printing the version I downloaded!!!
Oh well...