Board logo

SVA chassis question
lough - 29/3/07 at 08:51 PM

How do you get 5 points when you build your own chassis, if you have all the receipts for the steel dose this qualify?

Richard.

Mr Whippy - 29/3/07 at 10:02 PM

lie

Chippy - 29/3/07 at 10:04 PM

You will need to keep all your bills for when you go to your local DVLA, plus V5, and makers plate from doner. If you use all new parts, allowed one as reconditioned "as new" then new reg. plate. If you build from just one doner, engine, gearbox, axles, etc then you will get an age related plate, (same prefix as your doner). If you use a mixture of parts from various cars, then you will get a "Q" plate. HTH Ray.

James - 30/3/07 at 10:16 AM

You don't need "5 points". Get hold of the DVLA leaflet INF 26. This tells you it all.

Alternatively, do a search on here for INF26 and my name... I copied the relevent parts out atleast twice!

HTH,
James

lough - 30/3/07 at 09:25 PM

Thanks, Interesting reading, I have all the receipts for the steel but need to get hold of the old V5.

Richard.

lough - 1/4/07 at 07:11 PM

Ok, sorry to go on but I would hate to get it wrong at this stage . if I keep all the bill’s etc for the steel and buy a suitable donor car (I know of a C reg Capri) and use the gearbox and rear axel and I should be okay for an age related number?