Board logo

rear lights vertical?
DaveFJ - 16/4/07 at 08:23 PM

Right - I thought I had this one answered..

I thought that only the fog and reverse lights needed to be vertical - but... the man from SVC insisted that it was all rear lights... so who is right?

stevec - 16/4/07 at 08:27 PM

Just the fog.
You dont need a reverse light.
Steve,

roadrunner - 16/4/07 at 08:27 PM

quote:

fog light only, is what i worked too and passed

Me too, no problems

ReMan - 16/4/07 at 08:29 PM

So have you failed on this ?

Marlon - 16/4/07 at 08:37 PM

What about the reflectors?
I have both the fog and reverse Vertical so that the they look as if they are meant to be/fog not looking out of place.
john.

iank - 16/4/07 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan

Says SVC not SVA (I read it wrong first time round) so hopefully not.

I'd go and look it up but I'm 250 miles from my manual From what I've remember it specifically mentions fog light verticality and doesn't mention any other lights (or reflectors).

Humbug - 16/4/07 at 08:50 PM

Fog light needs to be vertical; the other ones just have to have the right angles of visibility (vertical and horizontal)

ReMan - 16/4/07 at 08:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan

Says SVC not SVA (I read it wrong first time round) so hopefully not.

I'd go and look it up but I'm 250 miles from my manual From what I've remember it specifically mentions fog light verticality and doesn't mention any other lights (or reflectors).

Definatly don't take it to SVC for your test then, it will fail

cryoman1965 - 16/4/07 at 08:59 PM

Man from SVC is wrong.

N

chockymonster - 16/4/07 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DaveFJ
Right - I thought I had this one answered..

I thought that only the fog and reverse lights needed to be vertical - but... the man from SVC insisted that it was all rear lights... so who is right?

My tester only checked the fog light was close to vertical

StevieB - 17/4/07 at 08:14 AM

From reading the manual, I seem to remember that only the fog has to be vertical, the rest just need to visible from the extreme angles.

DaveFJ - 17/4/07 at 09:14 AM

Well I like a consensus of opinion I shall continue with my original plans and only set the fog and reverse lights vertical.

I now have a full set of LED rears for my Avon (except reverse light) so should look pretty good when fitted

cheers everyone

Steve @ sVc - 23/4/07 at 04:36 PM

Strange that we have people buy the angled mountings for rear lights having failed SVA without them then.

It is not uncommon for lights to fail because they are not vertical.

Many lights have an "aiming mark" moulded into the lens. This is a circle with a cross in its centre. This mark should be horizontal with the light source, the filament of the bulb.

It would seem that this - as with many other SVA points differs for testing station to another, and even from one examiner to another.

If asked, we will always point out what we have been told by customers who have been through SVA.

Regards
Steve @ sVc

Bob C - 23/4/07 at 08:03 PM

Oldham SVA centre last december - foglight face vertical, rear & indicators pointing at the owls... no problemo
Bob C
PS OK the face is max 20degrees from vertical, maybe more like 15