Board logo

Police and number plates
DorsetStrider - 8/6/07 at 06:34 PM

hiya guys.

Sorry I've not been on much but been having lots of PC problems.

Wasn't quite sure were to post this one so went for legal.

As some of you know I've started working at halfords (just while I finish my mechanics course)....We had a chat phone up today that had bought a new lisence plate off of us.

Mr Plod was giving him a hard time, calling the customer a lier etc. The customer explained to the officer that he had bought the plate from the local branch of halfords. The officer was calling him a lier because the telephone number on the license plate was a different area code.

ALL halfords plates carry the halfords head office number (I think it's a Redditch area code). Which is correct under the law.

If any of you get stopped and given a hard time explain to the officer that they are incompitant, and do not understand the law

donut - 8/6/07 at 06:40 PM

I really do think that 60-70% of police are corrupt, incompetent and out to bully and wind us up. The rest are good honest bobbies that do a good job and protect us like they should.

Just my opinion of course and i could be wrong.

[Edited on 8/6/07 by donut]

nitram38 - 8/6/07 at 06:48 PM

They are going to give me a hard time then. My plate has my name and mobile number on it!

arrybradbury - 8/6/07 at 07:05 PM

My plate has no name and no number on it Not to mention the illegal spacing

Peteff - 8/6/07 at 07:09 PM

Mine says "Cheap copy"

bazwaz - 8/6/07 at 08:32 PM

I bought a new plate for my tintop recently from my local halfords. It has no name or number on it. (apart from the reg)

barry

mookaloid - 8/6/07 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bazwaz
I bought a new plate for my tintop recently from my local halfords. It has no name or number on it. (apart from the reg)

barry

if you look closely it will have it in very hard to see, nearly clear lettering...

bazwaz - 9/6/07 at 03:03 PM

You're right. You have to get up close and at the right angle.
Barry

alexdj125 - 23/6/07 at 07:44 PM

Haha, my plates say "NOT FOR ROAD USE" on them in small letters at the bottom! hehehehehe!