Board logo

Insurance
pennpromo - 1/4/08 at 03:38 PM

Hello, Im a Newbie here, brought Shandyleg's old car a few weeks ago and just getting around to sorting it out. Still waiting for the Docs from the DVLA as he has re-registered it with the CBR1000 engine when he took the Pinto out. Just got an insurance quote from Adrian Flux of £158 inc legal protection, garaged, South Coast, 3,000 miles, aged 45 no convictions, full NCB on another car. IS this a keen price, seems cheap to me ?

worX - 1/4/08 at 03:41 PM

It's a good price mate!

Cheaper than I'm paying but I dare say that you could get it cheaper if you can be bothered to ring round, personally I can never be bothered!

Steve

ETA - Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the car!!!

[Edited on 1/4/08 by worX]

mookaloid - 1/4/08 at 04:02 PM

Good price - go for it

I don't think you'll save much if any more by ringing round

You could try Sureterm for a comparison - they have been really keen for me the last few times.

Cheers

mark

hobbsy - 1/4/08 at 04:57 PM

One way you might get another 10% off or so it state you're a member of an owners club (BEC Owners, Locost Builders whatever - sometimes they might ask for a membership no though).

Got mine down to about £160 that way and I'm younger with less NCB on other car etc.

I haven't seen anyone get BEC insurance below about £150 with 3k miles. So might not be worth spending ages to save only a few quid.

Mine also has £10k agreed value.

LBMEFM - 1/4/08 at 07:09 PM

I would be happy with that price, it similar to mine.
Barry

[Edited on 1/4/08 by LBMEFM]

jacko - 1/4/08 at 09:04 PM

I am with A/Flux i payed £148 on a 2.1 pinto am 52 53 soon
so i think that is a good price you have
Jacko

pennpromo - 8/4/08 at 11:33 AM

Finally got Adrain Flux down to £119.75 inc IPT ! Mentioned I was a member of the BEC and that helped. Limited mileage of 3,000, lucky if I do half of that !