Board logo

Imperial Nut covers -SVA
Alan_Thomas - 9/12/03 at 12:16 PM

Help! SVA booked for next monday and I cannot find Nut Covers in Imperial sizes (esp. 9/16 AF)
Anyone know where I can find Imperial caps, found loads of places that sell Metric but none fit 9/16!

timf - 9/12/03 at 12:22 PM

use a 15 mm held on with a blob of silicone

Alan_Thomas - 10/12/03 at 09:16 AM

Thanks Tim, why didn't I think of that!

James - 10/12/03 at 05:56 PM

If you buy some of the Tifosi(?) packs they're circular anyway and rubbery so they fit over whatever you can fit them over!

HTH,

James

Motty - 13/12/03 at 01:37 AM

James, what is Tifosi? It sounds like what I am looking for, where can I buy some?

Hellfire - 13/12/03 at 02:30 AM

Motty - click HERE for a list of suppliers of the said nut covers. Maybe one is near you?

StuartA - 15/12/03 at 01:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Motty
James, what is Tifosi? It sounds like what I am looking for, where can I buy some?

http://www.tifosi-devon.co.uk/

Mark H - 15/12/03 at 03:35 PM

£6 a pack. Covers all big bolts and nuts for SVA. Wholeheartedly recommend a pack!

Blokes friendly enough, too.

Give em a bell and it'll be with you in a couple of days.

End of problem!

Alan_Thomas - 16/12/03 at 09:33 AM

I ended up getting them from Tifosi but didn't get the pack. The pack includes many of the smaller sizes and not enough of the larger sizes and I it was mainly the larger sizes needed for the front suspension. I made up a 'shopping list ' of sizes I needed added on some spares and Ian at Tifosi supplied what I needed.
They are great! cut them down if you are just covering nut heads and soften them in boiling water to cover slightly larger sizes.

PS. It failed the SVA, but not on sharp bolts! - Alan