Board logo

Pedal box alteration / replacement
westf27 - 12/7/09 at 10:47 AM

My 2L pinto and type nine gearbox runs with the conventional cable clutch.Originally I fitted a vauxhall nova pedal box complete which went in the narrow chassis F27 quite well,despite the overall width of the footwell being snug to say the least.My clutch cable goes straight out to the front of the engine and gently curves round the headers by the alternator bracket,under and through to the clutch.I have heat insulated the cable after a meltdown at Newlands one weekend.I want to create a light clutch operation (knee problems) and wonder what can be done.Forget hydraulic,will stay with cable.Flood me with ideas for a solution please,in particular setups that have well for you.Suppliers/parts used would be usefull.

Good luck Lewis.....go boy

Gazeddy - 12/7/09 at 11:30 AM

either move the pivot or move where the cable is connected

rusty nuts - 12/7/09 at 11:33 AM

Do you need to keep a hung pedal box rather than a floor mounted ? I have a floor mounted pedal box in my car using a cable which is pretty light to operate.

westf27 - 12/7/09 at 11:54 AM

Dont have to keep anything really.Happy to change anything to achieve light clutch operation with cable.I am assuming your cable does a 180 from pedal box exit to clutch arm

gregs - 12/7/09 at 02:40 PM

why is hydraulic out of the question? - not as difficult as it might seem, especially if you use a pull cylinder (rally design), designed to replace the cable... just my thoughts...

westf27 - 12/7/09 at 03:13 PM

I thought hydraulic option would be expensive and a lot of work.Will check into the rally design option...thanks to those who replied.

lsdweb - 12/7/09 at 05:45 PM

Pullrod?

Photo

Easy to do and cheap!