Board logo

Sierra brake calipers
MakeEverything - 21/8/09 at 02:12 PM

Ive replaced the CV joint on the rear, and tried to put the caliper back on, but when checking the lights, i was pressing the brake pedal (Schoolboy error), with it off the disc. So now, the pads were closed and the piston extended and i cant seem to push it back in.

There isnt a wind back tool that i need is there? ive Fked around with it for ages now, and its ll i need to do to get it MOT'd!!!

jacko - 21/8/09 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
Ive replaced the CV joint on the rear, and tried to put the caliper back on, but when checking the lights, i was pressing the brake pedal (Schoolboy error), with it off the disc. So now, the pads were closed and the piston extended and i cant seem to push it back in.

There isnt a wind back tool that i need is there? ive Fked around with it for ages now, and its ll i need to do to get it MOT'd!!!

Yes there is a tool to wind them back in but there easy to make or use a grinder spanner
Jacko

Mr G - 21/8/09 at 03:28 PM

You need to put pressure on the piston while your winding it back in, one of the cheapie metal frame clamps from the likes of lidl/aldi are ideal.

Link to previous thread

Cheers

G

[Edited on 21/8/09 by Mr G]

ashg - 21/8/09 at 03:40 PM

halfords sell a laser one for £15 that will do the job nicely.

ashg - 21/8/09 at 03:43 PM

looks like the price has gone up since i got mine but this is the one.

link

MakeEverything - 21/8/09 at 05:43 PM

All done, thanks guys.