Board logo

my new flappy paddle
tomblyth - 4/9/09 at 07:41 PM

We today I redisgned my flappy paddle on cad took it to the local water cutting guy and got this! A good day for me!!!!

[Edited on 4/9/09 by tomblyth] Rescued attachment DSC00010.JPG
Rescued attachment DSC00010.JPG

RichardK - 4/9/09 at 07:46 PM

You'll never get the one on the left to work

Looks very nice though

Rich

001Ben - 4/9/09 at 07:48 PM

that looks great - any chance i could have a copy of your cad drawing?

How are you mounting the cable>? ( right angle bracket on the back) and how are you mounting it onto the steering column?

Thanks

speedyxjs - 4/9/09 at 07:50 PM

dt21jb - 4/9/09 at 07:50 PM

thats cool

is it hard to do a flappy paddle shift

tomblyth - 4/9/09 at 08:10 PM

send me you email and I'll send you the dxf file, I made this one about 25mm smaller diameter than the wheel , If you want one I'll price material and cutting ( redraw to suit your wheel) and let you know how much!

also I have a cable (push/pull ) but have decided to go for rods I'll post photos in my archive in the next two of three days!

sorens2 - 4/9/09 at 09:27 PM

Why rods ???
I run cable and it is great.
On a ZX12

Soren S2

tomblyth - 5/9/09 at 07:32 AM

on the pan engine the gear shaft is located in a hole between the engine and box ! so in this case rods will be easy! and the less complicated it is the less likely to go wrong!

motorcycle_mayhem - 5/9/09 at 03:09 PM

I went for rods too, after trying a cable. I preferred the 'direct' feel, which I can't put into words.
Simply one rod to a bellcrank on the firewall top chassis tube and then one down to the gearchange shaft.

Simples.

tomblyth - 11/9/09 at 11:48 AM

photos in my Archive

ashtonr - 15/9/09 at 10:33 AM

hi i would be interested in buying one of these paddles from you to suit a sierra Steering wheel. How are you mounting the paddle to the steering column ? what costs would be involved ?

bazz81 - 14/1/10 at 08:44 PM

Hi, can you also make one for me? I live in Holland so it must be shipped to Holland. How much will it cost incl. shipping?

Brommers - 18/1/10 at 01:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by motorcycle_mayhem
I went for rods too, after trying a cable. I preferred the 'direct' feel, which I can't put into words.
Simply one rod to a bellcrank on the firewall top chassis tube and then one down to the gearchange shaft.

Simples.

Same here. My racecar's got a rose-jointed rod linkage, while the Striker has a cable-operated linkage. The racer's shift is noticeably better.