Board logo

Biggred for caliper refurbishment
EasyJimbo - 9/11/09 at 05:27 PM

Guys

Have any of you used biggred for your brake caliper refurbishment, seem very reasonable at £69 for their cheapest option for sierra calipers.
thanks
J

tomgregory2000 - 9/11/09 at 05:47 PM

Get in touch with your local GSF car parts

I got my recon items from them, mine are the calipers from the xr4x4 and cost more than the normal ones but they only cost me £23 each side (of course i had to give them my old ones) from them.

They had to get them in but i only had to wait 1 day, very pleased

Madinventions - 9/11/09 at 05:47 PM

Yep - Bigg Red did my Sierra rear calipers and did a really good job on them too! I sent them some rusty old rubbish and some beer tokens, and they send me shiny new calipers by return post - can't argue. I also got some M16 caliper bits from them at the same time (split pins, anti squeal plates etc).

Yep - very good.

Ed.

[Edited on 9/11/09 by Madinventions]

[Edited on 9/11/09 by Madinventions]

eddie99 - 9/11/09 at 06:17 PM

Another Yep for Big Red, they did mine extremely quickly and to a high standard.

tegwin - 9/11/09 at 06:37 PM

Yeah, big red is very local to me... very nice chap..

However, DO NOT go for the cheapest finish option... I made that mistake on the TVR and before I even got the car on the road the rust had started to come back through again... I wish I had gone for the aerospace plastic coating... Would have been ideal!

mcerd1 - 9/11/09 at 07:36 PM

I just got these back the other week....

really helpful and easy to deal with

eznfrank - 10/11/09 at 07:36 AM

i also went for the red polymer coated ones all round from bigg red. Very good service and quality finish.

scootz - 10/11/09 at 07:56 AM

I've used them... first class!