Board logo

Where to buy aluminium hubs?
TimC - 5/3/12 at 05:25 PM

Afternoon all.

Is there anywhere cheaper than Rally Design to get aluminium hubs to suit the Cortina from?

I did source a grasstrack company who did them once but they now only offer Viva hubs apparently!

Cheers,

TC

Neville Jones - 5/3/12 at 06:10 PM

Be careful buying RD hubs.

I had a bad experience with a set purchased by a customer and given to me. The bearings just 'dropped' in literally. Loose as little boys willy in a street walkers money bank.

If purchasing from RD, ask them to make sure that the bearings are a 'press' fit.

Someone on here does hubs, just can't recall his name??

Cheers,
Nev.

[Edited on 5/3/12 by Neville Jones]

A1 - 5/3/12 at 06:17 PM

Hi spec do some, think theyre well priced

imp paul - 5/3/12 at 06:40 PM

you need to go to GB engineering for your hubs approx £55 each as for hi spec im having some made there now viva hub not locost at £100 +vat each

here you go http://www.berrisford.co.uk/index.php?cPath=45&osCsid=256cd6sk2lafhbb80pv15ieuo7

[Edited on 5/3/12 by imp paul]

Mal - 5/3/12 at 07:48 PM

Compbrake sell them

http://www.compbrake.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=cortina

TimC - 14/3/12 at 05:20 PM

Quick update - still not ordered. GB Engineering have stopped doing these and I've heard that folk have had bad experiences with:

Any other good ideas?

Jon Ison - 14/3/12 at 05:25 PM

I bought mine off here, prob the guy nev nor I can remember, been on the car an age, still sound. Was it donut or sum mat like that ?

Sam_68 - 14/3/12 at 06:24 PM

Tim,

Are you still Wotton under Edge way?

I've got a pair of alloy front hubs that came buried in some boxes of factory spares that I bought for the FW when Westfield were clearing their stores.

I can't vouch for them beyond saying that they look OK visually, and I don't even know for definite that they're Cortina, but they're sure as hell not FW and I can't think what else they might be, lurking in Westfield's store room!

They're free if you want them - give me a shout.

Neville Jones - 14/3/12 at 06:44 PM

Jon,

Would it have been Deckman or Danozeman? The only names looked familiar in the photo archive starting with a D.

Nev.

Just checked. Deckman001, sent him a u2u.

[Edited on 14/3/12 by Neville Jones]