Board logo

Dampertech coilovers
albertz - 18/1/05 at 07:40 AM

I have a set of Dampertech coilovers and they have the rubber bushes with inserts. The inside diameter of the insert is something like 12.9mm and i was hoping to use M12 bolts, would this be OK or is that too much clearance?

I could possibly try and source some 1/2" bolts, as they would be a tighter fit.

Apologies if this has been discussed before, i tried a quick search but couldn't see anything obvious.

richyo - 18/1/05 at 08:36 AM

Try namrick.co.uk.
You can order 1/2" bolts nuts and washers off the web.

I used them for my shock bolts, quick delivery as well

Marcus - 18/1/05 at 07:57 PM

I got some 10mm ID steel tube from B&Q. Outside diameter is- you've guessed it...12.7mm. Slotted this into shock and used 10mm bolts, works well.

Marcus

albertz - 18/1/05 at 08:36 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, i will investigate them both. The 12.7mm bolts probably are my best option, simply because my nearest B&Q is about 120 miles away

Thanks again.

DEAN C. - 20/1/05 at 04:21 PM

Hi, I used 1/2" bolts with a good length of shank,took most of the clearance out.

DEAN;.............

andyharding - 21/1/05 at 03:17 PM

Dampertech sent me some steel sleeves that reduce the holes down to 12mm with my dampers.

albertz - 21/1/05 at 06:57 PM

Andy,

Were those inserts in addition to the ones i have described, or were they just a different insert ID?

To put inserts into the 12.9 would mean a wall thickness of max 0.45mm, which is obviously quite thin. Just wondering if they supplied replacement inserts or extra inserts - if you know what i mean???