Board logo

Which hose clips?
jps - 22/7/24 at 06:41 PM

I’m mounting my Sierra reservoir remotely from my master cylinder and have managed to force some EDPM hose over the tails from the reservoir. I have some very cheap & nasty jubilee clips but they are far too bulky to fit into the gap behind the shoulder of the reservoir tail, I have a 7mm gap to work with…

Description
Description

Would spring type clips (found on the water hoses inside dishwashers/washing machines) be appropriate on the low pressure side of the brake system? Or are better quality jubilee type clips available in slim fit (unlike my mix box of Lidl ones!)?

I’ll need 8 altogether, as the 13mm EDPM for the reservoir hoses goes a reducer to get down to 10mm hose for the fittings into the M/C…

gremlin1234 - 22/7/24 at 06:52 PM

traditional jubilee clips are very poor, the wire clips that you refer to are much better

coyoteboy - 22/7/24 at 11:12 PM

https://hcl-clamping.co.uk/collections/double-wire-spring-hose-clamp

adithorp - 23/7/24 at 06:46 AM

Spring clips are fine and often used for this application by mainstream manufacturers.
Standard worm-drive (jubilee)clips are not good on small diameter hoses and there are specific types for this (look for fuel pipe/mini clips).
The issue with jubilee ones is the diameter is fixed where the worn-drive is and leaves voids at each end of it that can leak on small diameters. It's also best to use the smallest possible clip on larger hoses for the same reason but its not as critical.