Board logo

Sierra Prop to Diff Bolts - Again...
craig1410 - 14/5/05 at 10:10 PM

Hi,
I need to get some of those Sierra propshaft to diff bolts and having read through various threads on the subject I can't find any sign of a Ford Part Number or 3rd party who can supply the right bolt. Namrick can supply an M10 x 1.0mm set screw which could be cut down to size but I'd prefer to have a bolt in there to keep the fit tighter and the M10 x 1.0mm bolts Namrick supply are way too long. The scrapyard is one option but Sierra's are sometimes hard to find these days and I wondered if anyone out there can suggest an alternative? Does anyone know what grade of bolt the Ford ones are (8.8,10.9,12.9)?

Anyone got any going spare and I'll buy them off you or at least cover postage?

Cheers,
Craig.

Bob C - 14/5/05 at 11:47 PM

I've a feeling the sierra ones are set screws anyway.... I'll repost if I'm wrong..
Bob C

stevebubs - 15/5/05 at 01:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by craig1410
Hi,
I need to get some of those Sierra propshaft to diff bolts and having read through various threads on the subject I can't find any sign of a Ford Part Number or 3rd party who can supply the right bolt. Namrick can supply an M10 x 1.0mm set screw which could be cut down to size but I'd prefer to have a bolt in there to keep the fit tighter and the M10 x 1.0mm bolts Namrick supply are way too long. The scrapyard is one option but Sierra's are sometimes hard to find these days and I wondered if anyone out there can suggest an alternative? Does anyone know what grade of bolt the Ford ones are (8.8,10.9,12.9)?

Anyone got any going spare and I'll buy them off you or at least cover postage?

Cheers,
Craig.

Saw a Sierra Diff with Bolts still attached in Padworth Breakers today. From a 1.6 Sierra.

http://www.padworthbreakers.co.uk/

Benzine - 15/5/05 at 05:00 AM

I live in a small village but we have a ford garage, I nipped in and asked if i could order various bolts etc and the man there asked me about what type of sierra the parts were from then rang someone and ordered the parts for me and they came next day.

shortie - 15/5/05 at 06:42 AM

Best thing is to just go to ford spares place and order them, I did this and they came next day.
I think about a fiver for the four.
Rich.

NS Dev - 15/5/05 at 07:51 AM

As Bob said, the Ford ones are setscrews anyway, so just get those.

Northy - 15/5/05 at 08:16 AM

Got mine from Ford too....

craig1410 - 15/5/05 at 09:41 AM

Thanks guys, I don't suppose any of you have a part number to hand? When I went to the Ford garage yesterday the parts guy told me the bolts were M8 x 16mm socket cap bolts. I even saw the picture on his PC showing the bolt in an exploded view so I suspect his parts program is throwing him off the scent.

Cheers,
Craig.

tks - 15/5/05 at 02:14 PM

Its M10 with a thread pitch of 1mm per round..

think they are 10.9 items..

but not sure.

TKS

Tangerine Scream - 15/5/05 at 02:34 PM

The Ford part number is 6118344
Listed as M10 18mm long 1.0 pitch
Mine are marked 12.9

Luckily my diff had them already fitted

craig1410 - 15/5/05 at 04:08 PM

That's excellent, thanks very much. It makes it so much easier when you have a part number...

I'm glad I didn't use the 8.8 grade set screws from Namrick now!

Cheers,
Craig.

tks - 16/5/05 at 07:54 PM

will do very well in that aplication..

no problem

on top of that you place 4 of them!

pff..

TKS