Board logo

Which Shocks????
MattCraneCustoms - 22/11/06 at 10:33 PM

Evenin' All.
Had a quick look through the old threads, I want some recommendations (and sizes) on the best shocks / springs for a book build. Its sort of money no object, within reason, I want to buy high quality parts, and from what I've read Gaz aren't worth the trouble, so what can you recommend? Its going to be used for fast road / track days, So whats best?
Cheers
Matt

flak monkey - 22/11/06 at 10:37 PM

Nitron shocks, but expect to pay quite a bit...

http://www.nitron.co.uk/

Otherwise go down the normal route of protech or gaz. I have gaz ones on my car, yet to see what they are like though. They look well made anyway.

David

DavidM - 23/11/06 at 12:21 AM

I have Gaz fitted to mine. No problems at all. I've found the car to be very surefooted when pushed. If money was no object (it wasn't) then I would probably have gone for some aluminium bodied shocks. I don't know whether you would actually notice a lot of difference on the road though.

David

Phil. S - 23/11/06 at 10:17 AM

I'm very happy with my Protech ones, and at just under £400 for a set of ally ones with new springs, they're good value too. (+ excellent service from protech)

procomp - 23/11/06 at 10:21 AM

HI matt u2u sent

cheers matt

liam.mccaffrey - 23/11/06 at 10:38 AM

what sort of rep do avo have?

zetec7 - 23/11/06 at 03:45 PM

I really like the looks of my GAZ units, but if money was no object....the best shocks I've EVER had were Konis, bar none. Ain't cheap, though...