Board logo

Porsche brake calipers
DaveFJ - 6/11/03 at 12:51 PM

could these be made to fit? possibly with vented discs off a 2.8 capri on Cortina hubs ??

HERE

[Edited on 6/11/03 by protofj]

[Edited on 6/11/03 by protofj]

Alan B - 6/11/03 at 01:13 PM

My answer is almost certainly......

But would it justify the effort is a better question?

Just IMO of course.

Hellfire - 6/11/03 at 02:01 PM

... correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't this the flaw in Porsche's armoury? The brake's always seem to be the problem on any potential Porsche buyer's check list...

I wonder if anyone else is aware of this... try a Google and find out; is my advice...

[Edited on 6-11-03 by Hellfire]

Fast Westie - 7/11/03 at 10:35 AM

Could be done but the car will probably be over-braked.

BTW, the only reason the brakes are a problem on Porsches is because the cars are too f*ing heavy

Hellfire - 19/11/03 at 10:14 PM

quote:

BTW, the only reason the brakes are a problem on Porsches is because the cars are too f*ing heavy

is that why they seize up then?

mackie - 20/11/03 at 09:35 AM

I alway thought porsche had a reputation for having excellent brakes, and they do but I guess they can still be unreliable (but then seizing isn't as bad as not working at all).

Can anyone confirm that the new M3 (including the CSL) only has single piston calipers on the front? It's just to satify my curiosity.

Tigers - 20/11/03 at 09:57 AM

quote:

Can anyone confirm that the new M3 (including the CSL) only has single piston calipers on the front? It's just to satify my curiosity.

BMW ETK says Yes, they are single piston (don't know about CSL). Stock brake discs are 13 inch diameter.