Board logo

Fuel hose n stuff
johhny5 - 4/6/08 at 12:15 PM

Just started fitting the brake hose,and im assuming the fuel hose needs to be metal whilst running under the car.
What is the reccomended spacing for the p clips to hold the hoses to the car?
thanks

andyd - 4/6/08 at 12:24 PM

I believe the required SVA spacing is no more than 30cm between fixings. Not 100% but pretty sure. Anyone confirm?

Werner Van Loock - 4/6/08 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johhny5
Just started fitting the brake hose,and im assuming the fuel hose needs to be metal whilst running under the car.
What is the reccomended spacing for the p clips to hold the hoses to the car?
thanks

Are you really going to run them under the car?

I would run them on the top side of the bottom chassis rail

BenB - 4/6/08 at 01:06 PM

Run 'em through the drive tunnel.

Copper is pretty soft and pissing a tank of petrol away would be quite expensive considering the £ / litre (not taking into the account the hassle of having to call out the RAC / AA)....

johhny5 - 4/6/08 at 01:30 PM

sorry chaps, i am going to runthe hose through the transmission tunnel , but does it have to be 5/16 th copper?
cheers

DaveFJ - 4/6/08 at 02:37 PM

depends what you want it for...

most people seem to use 8mm copper tube. although i have heard of some using high pressure rubber or braided tube throughout.

Personally I used 10mm copper because i had odd ideas at the time of upgrading to a Cosworth turbo

[Edited on 4-6-08 by DaveFJ]

MikeR - 4/6/08 at 02:53 PM

doesn't have to be copper - could be anything as long as its either marked for the job (rubber) or up to it (steel / copper etc).

mad4x4 - 4/6/08 at 05:04 PM

I have 10mm Fuel hose clipped every 15cm along the inside of the tunnel with Plastic P clips from MAPLIN Elctronics.