Board logo

Harness Bolts
f1ngers - 25/3/09 at 09:30 AM

Does anyone have any 7/16" UNF Harness/Seatbelt bolts with the 'top hat' spacers or know where I can get them from?
The 'top hat' spacers are the problem as I can get bolts ok.
I have tried 2 local breakers - one has closed down and the other doesn't keep cars longer than a few days!
Thanks

vinny1275 - 25/3/09 at 09:54 AM

I've had a quick hunt round the usual suspects (rally design, demon tweeks, merlin, etc.), and can't find them - mine came with my harnesses so might be worth a call to whoever made yours.....

Happy Hunting!

Vince

blakep82 - 25/3/09 at 10:03 AM

they don't have to be 7/16" though do they? they can be equivalent strength, so i'm sure you can use M12 cap head bolts?

[Edited on 25/3/09 by blakep82]

f1ngers - 25/3/09 at 10:21 AM

The bolts need to be 7/16" UNF as the nuts are already welded into the chassis (Stuart Taylor). The harnesses are Willans (bought on here) and came with eye bolts for the clip on ends at the top but no bolts/top hats for the bottom.
I looked on the Willans website and they do a Lotus Elise Fitting Kit which might do the job but there are no dimensions. I will send them an email for advice.

nib1980 - 25/3/09 at 10:39 AM

I might be able to get some, what size top hat do you need?

M$RK_VXRD - 30/3/09 at 12:39 AM

i had the same problem, no bolts with my harnesses in the end i had the bolts made up at work and bought the eye bolts off the net mate

simon chapman - 10/4/09 at 09:09 PM

hi , got plenty of the bolts in various lengths ,will have to look for the tophats ,just had to buy tap for making weld in tubes for roll bar if you need some let me know