Board logo

Digital Dash KOSO RX-2N
Rosco - 20/5/09 at 08:40 AM

Has anyone tried one of these digital speedos / tacos or see any problems using it with a Toyota 4AGE.

I think I'd prefer traditional dials but it's a matter of cost and this caught my eye at Stoneleigh. Many of the bike speedos go to 15k or 20k rpm but they do this one in a 10k rpm version which might go quite well with a 4AGE which will rev to 8k. Rescued attachment RX2n10.jpg
Rescued attachment RX2n10.jpg

cd.thomson - 20/5/09 at 08:46 AM

I've not used one but that is the dash I'm going to use. There are lots of videos of youtube.

One thing I dont get is why you can set the stroke and pistons? Is that something to do with the tacho?

As well as the warning lights included you will also need a handbrake warning light.

twybrow - 20/5/09 at 08:56 AM

Yeah the stroke and piston number gives you different options for the Tacho (and might help you at the noise test too!).

Rosco - 20/5/09 at 10:31 AM

I'm guessing the number of pistions is due the fact that it's essentially a bike instruments, where single piston, twins..etc are possible.

I didn't think you needed a handbrake warning light, just a brake fluid test switch, which many folks use the handbrake swtich for.

If I go this route I may also add an oil pressure gauge - so long as it doesn't make the dash look too cluttered.

cd.thomson - 20/5/09 at 10:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rosco
I'm guessing the number of pistions is due the fact that it's essentially a bike instruments, where single piston, twins..etc are possible.

I didn't think you needed a handbrake warning light, just a brake fluid test switch, which many folks use the handbrake swtich for.

If I go this route I may also add an oil pressure gauge - so long as it doesn't make the dash look too cluttered.

Copied from a post by adithorp:

You need switches for...
side lights/ head lights/ main beam.
indcators
fog light
horn (not in SVA but is for IVA)
brake fluid test (handbrake switch)
hazards

In addition you probably want...
headlight flash (might be required for IVA)

and if you have a screen...
wipers.
washers.
demister.

Warning lights required (for SVA, might have changed now)...
indicators/hazards
main beam
fog
brake fluid (correct symbol on the illuminated surface) - this is what i meant

Plus...
illuminated speedo in MPH

[Edited on 20/5/09 by cd.thomson]

COREdevelopments - 20/5/09 at 01:54 PM

i am using the koso rx1 on my 4age. i have used the edis tacho output as i am using megajolt. It works fine only have slight interference when doing the 0-60 test! also while on this subject does the rx2 have the same multi plug as the rx1? as i would like an rx2 as it is more suited to a car engine.

Thanks

Rob