Board logo

Vapor dash tacho input
chris-p-duck - 20/5/09 at 06:47 PM

Hi all!,

I am looking to get my head round the wiring (dreading it to be honest) and I am looking at how to get the correct feeds to the vapor dash. The one which is causing me some head scratching is the tacho input. The instructions suggest wrapping the feed wire around a HT lead. However I am running a megasquirt and it has a tacho output. Is that tacho output any good for driving the vapor dash? And if not is the wire wrapped round the HT lead a reliable solution?

Thanks

Chris

lotusmadandy - 20/5/09 at 06:56 PM

Chris,

I have a vapor in my indy and it works great.I had the tacho feed wire wrapped around a ht lead and it worked fine,i have since wired it to the tacho feed in the ford system.I would give trailtech a call and ask them for advice.Alternatively call rally design,they fit them in cars and know what they are doing.I have had advice from them before and they are very helpfull.

Andy

DM - 20/5/09 at 08:50 PM

I connected mine to the tacho output of my emerald - didnt work - Im sure it ought to but I havent looked into it

wire wrapped round the ht lead works fine

[Edited on 20/5/09 by DM]

snapper - 20/5/09 at 10:08 PM

Megajolt tacho out works on my Telemetrix
The other possible output is from the coil pack using zena diodes, check out the Autosportslabs /megajolt site

chrisg - 20/5/09 at 10:28 PM

I asked a similar question

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=109820

Ordinarily I'd say ring the manufacturer, but I can save you some time - they don't know!

I'll keep my eye out for a solution.

Cheers

Chris