Board logo

Converting bolt-on harnesses to clip on
James - 17/5/12 at 05:45 PM

After my failure to come up with an elegant solution to this:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/2/viewthread.php?tid=170034

I'm investigating being able to move the harnesses between lower mounts by having them clip-on.

Is it possible to buy a 'convertor' to change the lower mounts on my belts to clip-on? If so, where? Can't find them at the usual suspects.

I don't want to change belts (can't afford to!). I suppose I could look at buying the clips and then having them sewn to the belts lowers instead of the bolt-ons... but this strikes me as going to be expensive to get sewn correctly.

Cheers,
James

mad-butcher - 17/5/12 at 06:57 PM

seem to remember I think it was the corsa c had a chrome rail for a sliding belt mount on the outer mount, the rail bolted to the body and the fabric loop of the belt just slid backwards and forwards on it

jacko - 17/5/12 at 07:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mad-butcher
seem to remember I think it was the corsa c had a chrome rail for a sliding belt mount on the outer mount, the rail bolted to the body and the fabric loop of the belt just slid backwards and forwards on it

I was just thinking the same as you my Wife has a corsa B and its as you have described
Jacko

Not Anumber - 21/5/12 at 02:46 PM

Early Vauxhall coupes and all Ford Capris also had the sliding rail. I remmber it worked well and would justify having to make another anchorage point.