Board logo

kart seats - anyone used 'em?
jimmyjonga - 13/7/05 at 12:13 PM

hi all

has anyone used kart seats in their car?? wondered if they are a viable alternative or if i should just go and buy some 'proper' ones (ie some like the mk variety)

chrisf - 13/7/05 at 01:04 PM

I've got them. I like them well enough but spending what I did, I would consider proper seats in the future.

The seats are very low in the back, but they are also very snug and stiff. Look here and here for pics. I can take some pics of the seats installed if you'd like.

--Chris

ned - 13/7/05 at 01:22 PM

you can get talller backed tillet or calibra kart seats, but the taller backed ones are used in gearbox karts and are often reclined back at quite an angle, so not sure how easy to fit at a proper height they would be.

Ned.

Deckman001 - 13/7/05 at 01:41 PM

I've got a pair of 'super7's that i 'm not going to use now, cost me 50 quid,same to you if ya want em, will provide photo's first though

Jason

jimmyjonga - 13/7/05 at 02:26 PM

possibly minterested there - can you post/ email a photo??
cheers
james

Deckman001 - 13/7/05 at 02:32 PM

yep will do !!
Jason
Pics sent

oops, hope you have B/Band !!

[Edited on 13/7/05 by Deckman001]

RazMan - 14/7/05 at 07:36 PM

I was looking at some kart seats because I needed the 'laid back' position (low roof) In the end I got a pair of Lotus Elise seats (complete with inflatable lumbar supports ) which seem to be about as low as you can go with comfort.

DarrenW - 15/7/05 at 08:54 AM

i would have thought kart seats are for karts just the same as bike engines should be just for bikes!!!