Board logo

Mounting Triton Seats???
speed8 - 14/4/06 at 10:01 AM

How have people done it and more importantly... any pics showing the mounts.

Do I just drill a hole into the bottom and bond a bolt in there to go through the floor or do people use custom mounts or something. I don't really want to go all the way through the seat if poss.

Cheers

Triton - 14/4/06 at 10:28 AM

Dude,
No need to drill the seat as they have M8 steel inserts bonded into the base.....Most are using seat runners taken from a Metro or knocking up a small frame to allow it to fit their particular car.

Mark

Humbug - 14/4/06 at 10:29 AM

I think Triton seats all have threaded mounting holes bonded into the base, so you could either put threaded rod in there and a washer and nut on the other end, or a bolt up from underneath into the threaded hole... though that wouldn't have any locking effect.

EDIT: Triton got in there while I was typing!

[Edited on 14.04.2006 by Humbug]

raccoonradar - 14/4/06 at 10:42 AM

Do I just drill a hole into the bottom and bond a bolt in
should have treaded inserts already in?
I did it two ways, first welded a square frame together with 4 lenghts coming off it then bolted that to the seat then to the 4 lenghts to the car floor easy to remove & fit seat, the second just screwed 4 bolts in holes put some paint on them dropped it in to position lifted the seat out then drilled on the paint marks, takes some lining up at first but a lot quicker to fit, use spreader washers if bolting to the floor
Quick finger triton

[Edited on 14/4/06 by raccoonradar]

Triton - 14/4/06 at 10:42 AM

I would go with threaded bar or chopping the head off a bolt...screw that into the seat base using loctite or similar then a nyloc under the floor.
You could go in from under the floor with a bolt but I would worry it could work lose and fall out.....stud going thru floor with a nut on it will still stay put even if the nut decided to go walkabout.

speed8 - 14/4/06 at 10:46 AM

I didn't notice any threaded inserts on mine...
I'll check again tomorrow but I had a quick look a couple of weeks ago and I'm certain I didn't see anything.

Phil. S - 14/4/06 at 12:07 PM

This might help.

speed8 - 14/4/06 at 12:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phil. S
This might help.

Yep, thats the sort of thing I'm after. Just need to check my mounting holes are there.

speed8 - 15/4/06 at 10:08 AM

checked and they are there so all good.

robinbastd - 15/4/06 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by speed8
checked and they are there so all good.

That's a relief as Mr Triton thought he might have had a brainfart.
So does that mean he is sane after all?

Triton - 15/4/06 at 09:44 PM

Phew!

speed8 - 16/4/06 at 09:56 AM

Yep, don't worry. I guess my eyes didn't expect M8 and was looking for something bigger at the time.