Board logo

2 yrs...then FRUSTRATION kicks in!
Chaz - 17/7/06 at 07:27 PM

HELP...i bought my cobra seats for my MK when i got the MK chassis delivered. Back then (2yrs ago) i tried to fit the seats...no joy. Pre SVA now and trying to fit them again!!! ARRGH.

I've tried putting bluetack on the bolts on the bottom of the seat and pressing down to get a 'print'. To drill where the bluetack was. But somehow they were off line. Any other suggestions??? Such an awkward thing to fit!

theconrodkid - 17/7/06 at 07:33 PM

glue a square of cardboard onto the bottom of the seat with holes made/marked,put seat in and draw round the square on the floor,remove card from seat and place on floor,collect blue peter badge on your way out

rusty nuts - 17/7/06 at 07:35 PM

Think when I did mine I was able to get to the front holes , marked and drilled then then slid seat fully forward, made sure it was in line then used a metalwork scribe that had a right angle point on it to mark the rear holes. Then removed the front bolts, lifted out the seat and drilled the rear holes. Probably took about an hour to do both seats.

DIY Si - 17/7/06 at 07:48 PM

When doing something similar in a mini, I put got 4 bolts, cut then short and pointed the ends. Then place seat and put you ar$e in it. Should leave 4 nicely punched holes for drilling.

Chaz - 17/7/06 at 08:49 PM

OK.thanks guys, i'll have a go at all of them.

John Bonnett - 23/7/06 at 03:16 PM

glue a square of cardboard onto the bottom of the seat with holes made/marked,put seat in and draw round the square on the floor,remove card from seat and place on floor,collect blue peter badge on your way out

Spot on...... You cannot beat a template

John