Board logo

Wet look interior
cadebytiger - 10/8/06 at 09:28 AM

Has everyone gone for the carpet look in their cars? I am thinking of pulling mine out but i am not sure how to make it look good.

My carpet always seems to get wet in the winter and thats no fun.

Any ideas or pitures would be great!

Also i need to make a new tonnaeu cover. Does anyone know where is could get the material from?

Rupert

nick205 - 10/8/06 at 01:09 PM

I've paneled the interior in ally with the tunnel top trimmed in padded vinyl (for a bit of elbow comfort) I won't be worried if it gets wet although I may drill a hole in floor to let any water escape

David Jenkins - 10/8/06 at 01:15 PM

I glued rubber mat with a diamond pattern down onto my floor. Comfort and noise reduction are not an issue as far as I'm concerned!

Drilling a hole in the floor is something I've contemplated, following a wet escapade a few weeks back - bailing a car out with a sponge is a bit tedious... you could always fit a rubber bung in the hole to stop water coming in the other way.

David

Confused but excited. - 10/8/06 at 01:29 PM

My son has done the interior of his boat in chequer plate look vinyl flooring. Looks really snazzy.

DarrenW - 10/8/06 at 01:36 PM

Ive got chequer plate floor, black abs plastic transmission tunnel covers. Fibreglass seats with vinyl covered cushions. No carpet or soggy bits in sight. Getting interior wet just isnt a concern. Ive drilled small holes in floor and no water comes back up the other way (mind you how would i know!!!! When it rains a little coming up over i sthe least of your worries!).

cadebytiger - 10/8/06 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
Ive got chequer plate floor, black abs plastic transmission tunnel covers. Fibreglass seats with vinyl covered cushions. No carpet or soggy bits in sight. Getting interior wet just isnt a concern. Ive drilled small holes in floor and no water comes back up the other way (mind you how would i know!!!! When it rains a little coming up over i sthe least of your worries!).

Exactly i don't want to worry about getting wet! Much more fun that way!

What is your tunnel like? Any pics?

I do like the look of those seats!! Where are them from?

Thanks

Rupert

Danozeman - 10/8/06 at 04:03 PM

Im doing my tunnel in black vinyl with foam underneath and chequer plate style vinyl for the floor. water wont affect it. But it will affect my cloth seats until i get them recovered

robinj66 - 10/8/06 at 04:52 PM

try these people for the tonneau material
East Kent Trim Supplies
Jubilee Road
Worth
Nr. Deal
Kent, CT14 0DT

Tel: 01304 611681
Fax: 01304 619936

kev R1 - 11/8/06 at 07:33 PM

i trimmed mine with carpet and alloy foot plates doesn't weigh amything but finishes it off quite nice! and if it gets wet just get the hairdrier on it! cost pennies! Rescued attachment car 1 aug.JPG
Rescued attachment car 1 aug.JPG

kev R1 - 11/8/06 at 07:34 PM

Rescued attachment car 1 augu.JPG
Rescued attachment car 1 augu.JPG

mike-ktm - 2/9/06 at 10:00 PM

Looks nics Kev R1 - Can you please u2u me with details of where you got the carpet / plate from ?

Thanks.

Mike