Board logo

Seats - Anyone tried these ones?
mackei23b - 20/9/07 at 08:01 AM

Hi there

Has anyone anyone got these seats, if so would you recomend them?

Cheers

Ian

[Edited on 20/9/07 by mackei23b] Rescued attachment Seats - Midland Wheels.jpg
Rescued attachment Seats - Midland Wheels.jpg

David Jenkins - 20/9/07 at 08:08 AM

My experience with MWS seats is limited to their Baby Cub seats. They were reasonably well made, not beautiful but neat enough, and they did the job. The only bit I didn't like were the runners that I bought at the same time - they were complete rubbish.

I'd check the dimensions though, as you don't want anything that's too tight.

mistergrumpy - 20/9/07 at 08:13 AM

I've seen these at shows and to be honest they are like small armchairs in width and the material is always baggy. It'd be a shame to put them in your car as it looks so well built. Cobra's or the Intatrim range would look better in my opinion only.

2b_pablo - 20/9/07 at 08:16 AM

they look kinda crappy from the pic, kinda like its a cover.

nick205 - 20/9/07 at 09:09 AM

They look like poor imitations of the Cobra Roadster seats IMHO.

I fitted Intatrim Rangers in my Indy. They're a little dearer, but very well made and very comfortable too. They're not as light as GRP only seats, but not that much heavier either. Rescued attachment img_11.jpg
Rescued attachment img_11.jpg

mackei23b - 20/9/07 at 12:02 PM

Many thanks for your comments, kind of confirmed my thoughts, so I won't be buying them.

Cheers

Ian

roadrunner - 20/9/07 at 06:41 PM

I have a pair of there seats, and i am looking to buy some fibreglass seats.

snapper - 20/9/07 at 08:00 PM

Bought these from a guy on this site and to be honest they are quite good for the money, so pays your money etc. Not as good as Cobra 7's but close to a third of the price and in my case a whole lot better than the wooden planks i had.

[Edited on 20/9/07 by snapper]