Board logo

Anyone used these seats?
stevec - 2/10/07 at 07:11 PM

Has anyone any experience of these seats?
Size wise they should be OK but are they any good?
Thanks.
Steve.

Seat click me

Bacon2002 - 2/10/07 at 07:17 PM

Hi,
From the picture they look just like Cobra Roaster 7 seats and now I'm feeling bad as I just paid a lot more than £150 for a pair of Cobra 7 seats.
Cheers,
David

mackei23b - 2/10/07 at 07:20 PM

have a look at:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=74491

Cheers

Ian

stevec - 2/10/07 at 07:28 PM

Must say the covers look a little floppy, Oh well probably best to avoid then.
Thanks.
Steve.

iscmatt - 2/10/07 at 09:41 PM

If you haven't passed SVA yet be aware that Cobra 7 style seats might sit too high on the floor for the purposes of the upper seat belt anchorages test. I had a pair installed and they failed SVA. I've now got a bog standard pair of fibre glass seats. They're not too bad. I've done over 850 miles since that first SVA in July and I haven't suffered from sore bum syndrome !

stevec - 2/10/07 at 10:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iscmatt
If you haven't passed SVA yet be aware that Cobra 7 style seats might sit too high on the floor for the purposes of the upper seat belt anchorages test. I had a pair installed and they failed SVA. I've now got a bog standard pair of fibre glass seats. They're not too bad. I've done over 850 miles since that first SVA in July and I haven't suffered from sore bum syndrome !

I have had my SVA Tshirt for nearly a year now, I have fibreglass seats in now, SWMBO finds them a tad uncomfortable Her back is a bit dodgy, Just looking for something a little softer.
Steve