Board logo

Sport Button
mad4x4 - 10/4/08 at 07:07 PM

Just found out that my Meag jolt can swap maps on fly and I now need a switch (sport) for the dash - Any suggestions.....

I know maplin do a missle cover

snapper - 10/4/08 at 07:11 PM

Huge great T lever with the words " Hang on for Christs sake" and a massive flashing light and siren

twybrow - 10/4/08 at 07:12 PM

Gone in 60 seconds - "Go baby go"?

mad4x4 - 10/4/08 at 07:13 PM

Could go with

"Scream if you want to go Faster"

Puk - 10/4/08 at 07:27 PM

Warp Factor 3

joneh - 10/4/08 at 07:39 PM

I've seen a nitrous button with:

Nitrous Bye Bye, written on it.

iank - 10/4/08 at 08:10 PM

Knife switch with "Give me more power Igor"

caber - 10/4/08 at 08:16 PM

Surely the button should select the Economy map and be labeled "Aberdonian"

Caber

bobs bangers - 10/4/08 at 08:17 PM

Hold onto your knickers when the red light flickers !!

Richard Quinn - 10/4/08 at 09:11 PM

If it's going to be like the "Sport" switch in my Astra hire car that I've currently got I wouldn't even bother labeling it!

CaptainJack - 10/4/08 at 09:14 PM

depends on the map you are useing lol how many maps it switch between, mabye a dial from 1-11 spinal tap style lol

paulf - 10/4/08 at 09:22 PM

If you look on Ebay theres a seller on there that sells Sport mode dash switches, I think its an advance on the standard resistor mod that doesnt work.They also sell economy mode buttons which must be the same switch wired in reverse. The annoying thing is they sell loads of them along with rewiring kits for the injection pump as they say the car designers use under size wire to save money and uprating the fuel pump supply will give more power, I cant bring myself to sell something like that though, even though the local chavs deserve to be sold rubbish if there so thick as to buy it.
Paul.

paulf - 10/4/08 at 09:26 PM

The main use I found for the dash switch is to switch between 2 maps when tuning to allow them to be compared.When mapped correctly the map that gives best performance will also give best economy.
Paul.

lsdweb - 10/4/08 at 09:49 PM

The Emerald K3 ECU has three maps - I'll be using these for wet, dry and startline maps - the only real difference will be rev limits.

I have a three position switch on the dash which lights a tri colour LED depending on the map.

Wyn

mcerd1 - 11/4/08 at 08:49 AM

I was thinking about a hidden switch

-one setting for me

-one setting for anyone else (with a much lower rev limit )

MikeRJ - 11/4/08 at 05:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Quinn
If it's going to be like the "Sport" switch in my Astra hire car that I've currently got I wouldn't even bother labeling it!

Hehe, I had the SRi CDTi 130 (or some such stupid name) as a hire car a while back. The sport switch just changes the operating range of the "fly by wire" throttle pedal so everything happens in the first couple of inches of movement. Oh and it also stiffened the dampers from "overly firm", to "crashy".

Performance was ok but the stupid ergonomics (need to be a baboon to reach back for the seat belt in the 3 door), and the miniscule boot make me wonder why people buy them.

As for a sport switch, you can get a Savage switch with "Boost" engraved on it