Board logo

GTS chassis width?
Fatboy Dave - 2/7/04 at 12:58 AM

Anyone?

Being a bit lardy, I fancied a go at one of these next, but was worried whether I'd fit in it?

Y'see, I'm 6'4", and <ahem> 20st, and was wondering if any other buff beefcake builders have any views? Otherwise, it's off foor another Indy...

undecided - 2/7/04 at 07:31 AM

You will find that they are all the same, they just wear different hats now and then to hide what is underneath.
Indy
TypeLR
GTS
Lego brick..........all the same all ex-Locosty type things

dozracing - 2/7/04 at 08:01 AM

The chassis is the same width as an Indy so if you fit that you'll fit a GTS.

We have had some real big guys try the car at shows and they have all fitted to their surprise.

Kind regards,

Darren

Fatboy Dave - 3/7/04 at 09:41 PM

I've tried posting a reply three times now, I'm not best pleased with NTL right now

Thankee kindly lads, just what I was after

Darren, I have placed an order via your website for a set of plans

Dave

Fatboy Dave - 9/7/04 at 07:37 PM

Aaaaaaand I got them the other morning.

Thanks Darren!

Fatboy Dave - 9/7/04 at 11:34 PM

Well...

I've had an Indy, but the footwells were too cramped for my liking. Sold the car after two weeks and about sixty miles

If you can make the footwells take my size tens in pixie boots and still take a Zetec, you may have my business once again

Not likely to be *that* long, as I'm a prolific builder rather than a driver...

dozracing - 12/7/04 at 05:49 AM

Hi Snoopy,

I guess the three R1 cars you are making are for Juli Planas of Cobra cars spain?

If so can you remind him that if he doesn't pay for the R1 engine he stole from me next time he is in the country i'll have him arrested.

He used a dodgy Euro cheque to pay for half the cost of the engine, and since then has disappeared without a word. I have since recieved emails from around europe from people who have been ripped off by him.

I would appreciate knowing when he is next in the country.

Kind regards,

Darren