Board logo

Build Update - a few pics
flak monkey - 17/7/06 at 11:36 AM

This weekend was rather productive I think. And a few people have asked how the build is coming along.

The rear suspension is in, and just needs some spacers making, which are being done today. The brakes are being picked up tonight and will be fitted tomorrow hopefully. So I should have back wheels by the end of this week.

Next weekends plan is to trim the side panels to fit and then fit the front suspension.

If anyone has any tips about fitting the side panels I would be most appreciative.

Anyway heres some pics:

andyace - 17/7/06 at 01:08 PM

Looks just like my GTS.

I am at about the same position. No brake lines in yet, however I have back brakes and handbrake cable in.

HOWEVER, you've only had yours a couple of weeks!

Any ideas on how you are going to secure your rear brake line to the dedion yet?

If I play it right I can keep a couple of weeks behind you and learn from your mistakes

donut - 17/7/06 at 02:28 PM

Looking very nice there. Very different to the Indy and the chassis looks very nice quality. Hope you are coping in the heat!!!

I took my car out today and it was SOOOOOOOO hot!! even at 80mph!

BKLOCO - 17/7/06 at 05:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by donut
Hope you are coping in the heat!!!

I took my car out today and it was SOOOOOOOO hot!! even at 80mph!

Wasn't it just.....Pheeeeew..... forcasting 37 C by Wed.

Cars looking good David..
One one slight prob you may have.
The odd shaped infill panels would have been better left untill after fitting the rear panel. They ideally need to be larger, with a radius at the top to meet the profile of the side of the rear panel.
I made the same mistake and ended up filling the gap with expanded polyeurethane foam.

Fat boy 1 - 19/7/06 at 06:43 PM

Nice one,
Looking good, when you hoping to have the SVA done.