Board logo

Part ex'ing?
wydraz - 5/1/09 at 04:53 PM

I was just wondering if the trade (a garage/showroom) would laugh at someone trying to part-ex a kit car for a production car?.....

Any thoughts?

nick205 - 5/1/09 at 05:15 PM

I think 90% of car sales places would shy away from it TBH. If you're lucky you might find one with an enthusiastic owner or employee who'd take it on.

tomblyth - 5/1/09 at 05:17 PM

try it and see

BenB - 5/1/09 at 05:33 PM

I doubt they'd know what it was worth so they'd say they couldn't..... A lot easier with production cars- just need a copy of Glass' guide.

jabs - 5/1/09 at 05:33 PM

Even if they accept it would you would only get a 'trade' price for it. What's wrong with selling it privately / flebay, surely you would get a better price

mr henderson - 5/1/09 at 06:18 PM

Why are you even thinking of buying from a trader?

Traders exist on the margin between what they buy the car for and what they sell it for. If they can buy it cheap, so can you!

John

JoelP - 5/1/09 at 06:33 PM

im with John, auctions are full of cars ATM. Get down, get familiar and do some research!

scootz - 5/1/09 at 06:39 PM

Depends on the Kit Car... I've seen Caterhams in posh showrooms before.

wydraz - 5/1/09 at 06:53 PM

Thanks guys, just food for thought!

rayward - 5/1/09 at 07:28 PM

not bored already dan?

Ray

wydraz - 5/1/09 at 08:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rayward
not bored already dan?

Ray

Naaah haven't even run it properly yet Ray, just trying to gauge when the market picks up and options for selling these things

[Edited on 5/1/09 by wydraz]

neilj37 - 6/1/09 at 07:42 AM

Another person in Aberdeen :-)

Keep seeing all these people on here but never any cars on the road ??

Where is everyone driving ??

wydraz - 6/1/09 at 08:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by neilj37
Another person in Aberdeen :-)

Keep seeing all these people on here but never any cars on the road ??

Where is everyone driving ??

Hi Neil,

I live in Sauchen, have driven it around the village a couple of times but no further until the good weather arrives - a few of us are getting some time on the Alford track if you fancy a bit of testing!

Cheers,

Dan

neilj37 - 6/1/09 at 12:48 PM

Would be interested in trying out the Alford track if you have access. I thought it had been dug up??

wydraz - 6/1/09 at 01:19 PM

No, the track is still there - they were doing some building work around it but the track is there - will let you know.

Cheers,

Dan

wydraz - 25/1/09 at 10:08 PM

I sold the car today guys, thanks for helping me out in what was a very brief dabble into 7even type kit cars.

Thanks

Dan

rayward - 26/1/09 at 08:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rayward
not bored already dan?

Ray

apparently yes!