Board logo

FS: ZX10 B Engine & Associated Bits
D Beddows - 27/11/09 at 09:49 AM

Don't really want to do this tbh but needs must it wont fit in my chassis really either (but would in a 7 type one) so:

For sale is 1no. ZX10B (the late 1980's one) engine and 98% of the bit's from the bike to get it running which are:

Engine itself - probably the cleanest old ZX10 engine you'll ever see! s/steel bolts to all the casings etc etc. I was told it's done about 30,000 miles and having had a look inside I have no reason to doubt it!. All engine numbers present and correct

Carbs and original airbox - carbs have the ZXR750 tops which de restrict the engine to about 137bhp

GPZ 900 sump - fits straight on and is a good few inches shorter than the ZX10 sump. The original oil strainer/pickup pipe will need shortening to suit. (original sump will be included)

M/S exhaust headers from the bike

Full Wiring loom and clocks

ZX10 radiator with fan

Starter motor and alternator

Prop adaptor

The two long bolts that attach the engine to its mounts

I have heard it start very briefly so I know it will but you are buying it on the understanding that I have no idea how it runs but like I said, having looked inside it's pretty damn sparkly

Looking for £500 (or a ridiculously close offer) for the lot - and no, I'm not posting it!

CraigJ - 27/11/09 at 10:34 AM

Good engines these, im using 2 of them

russbost - 27/11/09 at 06:15 PM

and I already have 2 of them in the back of my original car!

D Beddows - 30/11/09 at 02:31 PM

bump for all of you who find it easier to buy stuff when you're at work