Board logo

Honda VTR1000 SP1 Engine and bits
renrut - 16/2/12 at 06:06 PM

Selling up the last of the bits from my middy build. Got too silly in the end and decided to cut my losses, now have an MG Midget to put back on the road. Anyway back to the engine for your £300 you get:

Honda VTR1000 RC51 SP1.
Believed to be a 2001 model engine which makes it about 120-130bhp, still has the engine number on it so it can be traced if necessary. Complete with wiring loom, dash, CDI unit, ECU, rectifier, PAIRS valve, airbox, K&N filters, all sensors (except tilt which is bypassed), fuel tank (big dent but leak free), fuel pump. Basically everything you'd need to get the engine running.

This engine is long and narrow, dimensions ~400mm wide x 620mm long (front of head to back of block) x 580mm high (sump to top of head) but if you include the airbox its 730mm high.

It fitted in the back of a 2.2m wheelbase Fiat Seicento to get an idea but it was tight. Something with a slightly longer wheelbase i.e. pretty much anything, should fit without hassle. For reference it should fit sideways in a 7 and has been done before.

It is missing the backlash gears from the cams which makes it noisy when at idle this gives a few bhp over stock, good second hand cams can be had for £20 a head (its got 2 heads being a V).

I've also got a selection of sprockets, front and rear, both 520 and 530.

It has a seicento diff modified to run chain drive from the engine which bolts to the engine via some homemade brackets. I've got some seicento driveshafts and hubs if they're of interest to anyone but no wishbones.

The wiring loom is currently spliced into the Seicento loom and worked fully, lights, handbrake (separate warning light for this as bikes don't have one) etc all worked correctly, I'll throw that in for free.

I had considered building a single seater around this and even ordered a few bits but then the Midget came along and I don't have space for both

It's all in St Helens, Merseyside, can post but I'll expect paypal payment before it gets shipped (by courier obviously) and it'll be £50+ cos its heavy but I can find out for certain if anyone is that interested in shipping.

Any questions please ask!

Dangle_kt - 16/2/12 at 09:22 PM

and it includes a lovely v-twin burble

[Edited on 16/2/12 by Dangle_kt]

renrut - 16/2/12 at 09:29 PM

It does indeed!

Can anyone recommend a good courier for shipping this sort of thing and how much to expect? I appreciate that not everyone lives within a 30 mile radius of me. I've mentally got a figure of about £50 for something this size. Might pester the despatch guys at work tomorrow.

Dangle_kt - 16/2/12 at 09:43 PM

I used shiply recently and was very pleasantly surprised by how good the service was from a little one man band.

renrut - 20/2/12 at 12:54 PM

Got some prices for shipping within mainland UK. £66+VAT looks to be about the best I can find.

The dry engine weighs 77kg by itself so its probably easier to collect for most people as 2 blokes can easily lift it.

renrut - 20/2/12 at 05:55 PM

Photos so people can see what I'm talking about

http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w317/renrut_ppc/Seicento/Honda%20engine/

Note that I've only shown the engine + airbox in the photos but I've also got the chain diff, fiat driveshafts, uprights and hubs, fuel tank and pump plus all the electrics + dash to get the engine up and running - i.e. Plug & Play

doddy - 20/2/12 at 06:15 PM

hi do you know what the milage is cheers ian

renrut - 20/2/12 at 10:30 PM

Absolutely no clue. The dash is from a breakers (shows about 40,000) and the engine came from my brother who bought it off someone who used it as a track bike engine and he used it in a track only bike for a while.

I'll be honest if you want a warranted mileage perfect condition engine this isn't it, but then its less than half the price of just an engine with a full history and this comes with all the bits to make it run which costs about the same.

renrut - 22/2/12 at 07:13 PM

Sold pending payment.

t11 - 22/2/12 at 09:16 PM

Hi interested can you send me a pm with a phone number or call me on 07730759383......Gordon