Board logo

Zetec lightweight bottom pulley
Dooey99 - 7/2/13 at 09:39 PM

possibility i will be having lightweight bottom pulleys made for 1.8/2.0L zetec blacktop engines and these are proven to allow the engine to spin up quicker providing quicker acceleration, and if you have a lightweight flywheel why leave the big heavy pulley on the other end? they will be underdrive pulleys

how much would people be willing to pay think they are about £75 plus postage on alot of websites probably looking at around £50 including postage. but obviously they will be sold for whatever people are willing to pay for them bearing in mind it will cost me abit to have them made.

Charlie_Zetec - 7/2/13 at 11:10 PM

I'd have jumped on board had I not had one delivered the other day! Think it came to near as damn it £100 inc VAT as well....

Dooey99 - 7/2/13 at 11:22 PM

there must be a market for them if your paying £100 i can do them for alot less i reckon

gavin174 - 8/2/13 at 06:48 AM

i might be intersted at the right price..

how do you know what weight to take them down to thou?

gavin174 - 8/2/13 at 06:48 AM

i might be intersted at the right price..

how do you know what weight to take them down to thou?

monck - 8/2/13 at 06:23 PM

I could be a stock blacktop one is 1435 grams just weighed it on kitcken scales what you getting one down to ?

[Edited on 8/2/13 by monck]

pigiron - 8/2/13 at 09:10 PM

I seem to remember reading on one of the Ford forums that non standard un-dampend Zetec crank pulleys are a possible cause oil pump rotor failure?

coozer - 8/2/13 at 09:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pigiron
I seem to remember reading on one of the Ford forums that non standard un-dampend Zetec crank pulleys are a possible cause oil pump rotor failure?

Thats right, standard pulleys are a damper that stop the crank nose destroying the oil pump.

Dooey99 - 11/2/13 at 03:58 PM

we will be looking at under 600grams but will let you know the precise weight once i have had some made

yes the standard pulleys do have built in dampers but as you probably dont do 12,000 miles a year in your kit car it wont make alot of difference not having a damper.

we use lightweight pulleys in all of our race and track cars at work and they have k series engines and we all know k series aren't the strongest engines, we have never had a problem caused by lightweight pulleys

they will probably cost about £45 including postage.

i am just waiting for final words from a few people before i decide the definitive price but im not looking to make a much money on these just i wanted one for mine and they all seem to be about £60-£90 so maybe able to help other people out by selling them cheap.

whitestu - 11/2/13 at 04:25 PM

Would they have enough mean to attach a 36:1 trigger wheel?

Stu

Dooey99 - 11/2/13 at 04:39 PM

i have never actually used a 36:1 trigger wheel so at this stage i couldnt help you if i can get hold of a trigger wheel i will look into it

damdy-cash - 12/2/13 at 05:24 PM

would it be possible to get this for a silver top as well?

Cheers Volker

BEN99W - 12/2/13 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by damdy-cash
would it be possible to get this for a silver top as well?

Cheers Volker

Apparently it will fit, but requires a little trimming to the inside of the plastic belt cover (if still used). I have a silvertop myself, and could be tempted with a lighter one.

Ben