Board logo

Caterham parts from crash-damaged project 98 - some on ebay + MNR Again!
gmoto - 30/4/13 at 02:13 AM

Back again getting around to sorting out all those Caterham bits I've got lying around!

Trying to make use of the ebay listing day for a decent clearout I've messed up and listed the caterham bits as 3 days along with some other car engines lying around that were just up speculatively before weighing in. (The bike bits I got up were all 7 days which was meant to be the same for the Caterham.)

Engine sold, a nose with 7 grill cone at £30, a bonnet with slight damage for the same, an axle with damaged studs on one side (or so I presume).

Also got plenty of other bits, including a roll cage with slightly bent mountings, steering wheel, minilite 13 wheels x 3, front end steering, suspension and brakes.

Happy to consider offers, or may even try and work out prices this time - trying to dedicate a day or two to getting this all sorted out!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151036468192 - Axle - which seems to be a live axle? The chassis number suggestsed de-dion
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151036448818 - Bonnet
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151036468023 - wheel arch

Oh and yes, the MNR is back up for sale because I'm broke again!

[Edited on 1/5/13 by gmoto]

[Edited on 1/5/13 by gmoto]

JC - 30/4/13 at 04:24 AM

Does the steering wheel fit a Sierra column? (Don't know what column a caterham has!) any pics of it please?
Thanks!

chicade - 30/4/13 at 09:52 AM

Pic of the minilites? Is there a full set? Any tyres? What OCD/offset are they? Owe and rough price cheers

Peteff - 30/4/13 at 10:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chicade What OCD/offset are they? Owe and rough price cheers

Are they OCD ? The front ones are balanced I think but the back have a bit of a problem

chicade - 30/4/13 at 10:08 AM

Bloody I phone! Pcd .....

gmoto - 30/4/13 at 10:56 AM

quote:

Are they OCD ? The front ones are balanced I think but the back have a bit of a problem

As it goes, you're spot on .

I have two front wheels which are just fine.
One rear wheel which is fine and another rear wheel has gone to pieces! (literally, sadly)
(So just 3, not a full set to answer that qusetion.)

Can't find pictures of the wheels this second, will get some later.
Not sure of PCD, will see if I can measure it/if they say on them later.

Steering wheel:

Not sure on fitment, suspect you'll know more than me!

[Edited on 30/4/13 by gmoto]

gmoto - 30/4/13 at 06:27 PM

Pictures of various bits, including what's left of the seat (though I had another one, but if I do, not sure where it is), steering rack, axle and a few other bits.
I can't see any damage to the main part of the axle.

Click for bigger pics.

I've still got to get nose cone dimensions which I forgot (will walk the dog down there in a bit.)
And forgot to get PCD - had a rather busy day! Will at least have a look at the wheels when I'm there.

gmoto - 30/4/13 at 10:09 PM

Well didn't do so well there.
Only got one of the asked for nose cone dimensions and forgot about the wheel dimensions altogether!
Will get them tomorrow morning.

So here's a nose cone and a tape measure at various angles, for your pleasure!

[Edited on 30/4/13 by gmoto]

gmoto - 1/5/13 at 08:32 PM

Damn, sorry; just realised forgot the wheel spacing yet again - I suck!

I actually went to get it, then my phone rang, answered that; and totally forgot about it.

A few have asked about the nose cone - letting it run on ebay as it's almost up the level people were offering for it.

Jamster1233 - 4/5/13 at 09:25 PM

hi have you got a 3 bolt steering wheel boss

mine snapped !!!!!!!!!! not good ;-(

hobbsy - 4/5/13 at 10:58 PM

U2u sent re steering wheel

robinhoodman - 12/5/13 at 09:18 AM

u2u sent regarding front wishbones etc

Dooey99 - 12/5/13 at 06:58 PM

U2U sent regarding front calipers