Board logo

Brake caliper wind back tool
nick a - 13/1/08 at 07:20 PM

FOR SALE used brake caliper piston wind back tool (fits sierra type) calipers this tool has given many years service and still works fine. The tool is a fixed type(doesn't have changable ends) and is right hand thread only, but does fit lots of vehicles with the same type of piston size
Ford sierra and granada models
Audi 80.90
Honda prelude
Jaguar xj40 series
Nissan Silvia, primera and bluebirds
Rover 800
Saab 9000
Some VW golfs and passats
Toyota
Plus some more which are not on the list i am sure

I have purchased a new tool so this one is no longer needed and will go on ebay if nobody here is interested ?
I want £10 for the tool plus post and packing (priced up postage cost and it will be £4) or if local your welcome to collect
Location Burton on Trent
Nick

[Edited on 13/1/08 by nick a]

[Edited on 13/1/08 by nick a]

roadrunner - 13/1/08 at 07:29 PM

Just changed my rear pads this weekend, first time with antilock brakes, took a while to work out that i needed a specific tool to do the job, so invented my own locost tool instead.

kev R1 - 13/1/08 at 08:29 PM

2 large heavy duty screwdrivers do the job!!!

indykid - 13/1/08 at 08:50 PM

your location might be good too, just incase someone fancies collecting

tom

nick a - 14/1/08 at 08:01 PM

Back to the top

tks - 15/1/08 at 04:11 PM

2mins giveing pressure with your hands and the fluid will flow back into the fluid bottle..

No tools needed for that!

Tks

nick a - 15/1/08 at 08:31 PM

On sierra type rear calipers and a lot of others with a built in hand brake mechanism the caliper needs winding in (turning as you push)

so having the tool makes the job a hell of a lot easier (the piston will not just push in)

will put on ebay if nobody is interested

Thanks Nick

ChrisW - 16/1/08 at 01:44 AM

I'll give you a tenner including postage if that's any good?

Chris

Loco_Bill - 8/2/08 at 11:16 PM

is this still up for grabs?