Board logo

2005 R1 engine for sale - excellent condition. Low miles!
lsdweb - 2/10/08 at 08:21 PM

Hi All

I have for sale my very low mileage 2005 R1 engine for sale. The engine came out of a bike that was dropped during an attempted theft and was not running at the time. The engine has covered only 2,800 miles when I bought it (from a member here) and has done 1 sprint and 1 hillclimb since.

It's in excellent condition with no damage.

It comes with

Starter,

Throttle bodies, rubbers and sub loom. I have 2 sets of throttle bodies - one with the secondary butterflies removed and one standard set - the choice is yours.

Sump baffle plate fitted (One of Nitram's)

It has the sump and an oil gallery blank tapped for oil pressure (remote mounted) and temperature fittings and I'll negotiate over these if the buyer wants them.

It has a 36/1 crank trigger wheel fitted but I'll supply the original (fitted if you want).

The Air Induction System is blanked off (nice carbon fibre blanks) but I have the full AIS as well.

The sump plug and selected sump bolts and are all drilled and wirelocked. The oil filter is wirelocked too.

I don't have the ECU or loom as I ran the engine on an Emerald ECU and custom loom.

Oil pressure and temperature have always been spot on.

I also have available a new carbon fibre air box with K&N filter (midi installation) and a custom exhaust system for a midi as well but these aren't included in the final price.

There's a video of the car here (sound is rubbish, lines are cr*p and I'd put the steering wheel on wrong!) - you'll notice that I'm shortshifting - the shift light doesn't come on apart from on the start line when the rev limit / shift light is set to half full revs!

£975 ovno before I go on eBay.

I'm in South Wales. Buyer could arrange courier collection and I'd be happy to put the engine onto a pallet etc.

I'm in Hertfordshire for a couple of days next month so could meet the buyer somewhere around there.

Regards

Wyn

[Edited on 2/10/08 by lsdweb]

[Edited on 2/10/08 by lsdweb]

lsdweb - 3/10/08 at 06:05 PM

Now on eBay

Here