Board logo

Seat Leon Cupra/FR TDI
flak monkey - 9/7/09 at 08:26 PM

Looking for a low mileage (<50k) Leon Cupra TDI. Pref in black, silver, red or yellow....

Anyone know of any available?

Budget is £6.5k

matt.c - 9/7/09 at 08:34 PM

You have good tastes.

flak monkey - 9/7/09 at 08:38 PM

I like to think so, but good ones are like hens teeth, only rarer!

Hellfire - 9/7/09 at 08:40 PM

I have a MK2 FR (57 plate) in magic black (Bi-Xenons/18" Wheels/Blue Tooth) if u can wait another 8 months. Though it will have a fully serviced 90K on it by then and ought to go for the figure you're asking by then. You may get a MK1 for that...

Steve

slimtater - 9/7/09 at 09:32 PM

Presume you mean a mk1 for that price - they are fairly sought after?

Having owned a mk1 Cupra R225 (remapped) and now a mk2 FR TDi, the mk2 is such a big improvement. Not that the mk1 is a bad car, just that when you try the newer one, you realise there is a big age difference in the technology used. Still miss the R though.

You may pick up a mk2 TDi sport for similar money?

Leon
Leon

[Edited on 9/7/09 by slimtater]

bi22le - 9/7/09 at 10:24 PM

I like the Leons too! I had a 180bhp Cupra in yellow. Face lift 52 plate. Fastest car I owned until I put down a deposit on a GSXR Mac 1! They are good 5-door looking cars because it was not a after thought, you can only get them in 5-door.

flak monkey - 10/7/09 at 06:46 AM

Found a yellow stunner, bit more than I was hoping to pay, but might just be able to stretch.....

nick205 - 10/7/09 at 07:53 AM

Black, Yellow or Red are the only colours to choose (IMHO) although having had a Black one they only look good for approx 3-4 mins after you've washed and waxed then they just look dirty again

I've driven the MK2 TDI FR quite a bit (a work colleague has one) and have to agree there's quite a marked difference in handling although the ride is considerably harsher to o with it. TBH you the extra 20bhp doesn't really make itself felt over the 150bhp MK1 car, but then I expect the MK2 is slightly heavier.

Best feature on the MK2 (IMHO) is the slinky conealed rear door handles - very Alfa Romeo (but less likely to go wrong)

stuart_g - 10/7/09 at 08:00 AM

Hi David,

Have a look on here they come up quite often.

Good choice of car by the way I have just sold my Mk1 Leon Cupra and bought the Mk2, It is wicked!

Edit to add: there is one on there at the moment exactly what you want and he's willing to take offers on it. Click here to view

[Edited on 10/7/09 by stuart_g] Rescued attachment P1010296.JPG
Rescued attachment P1010296.JPG

nick205 - 10/7/09 at 08:17 AM

That Yellow one for sale definitely seems worth a look

flak monkey - 10/7/09 at 08:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
That Yellow one for sale definitely seems worth a look

Thats the one I am going to have a look at on Sunday. If someone doesnt beat me too it again Seems like a really nice example and the bloke seems very genuine and helpful, so finger crossed.

The one I was going to look at tomorrow sold last night

Still need to sell my mini before I could buy, thats my other issue. Someone is meant to be coming to have a look tomorrow, if they turn up. If they dont it wont be the first time I have been let down.

Why is selling and buying cars so difficult? lol

jpindy3 - 10/7/09 at 08:34 PM

hi mate i had one of these cars,all i can say it was the best smoker i have ever had,i had a 04 plate,
very quick,handles,good on fuel,and a vdub,
mate dont get the new shape i dont think it look half as good as the oiler shape,
oh i had 147mph out of it on a track and it still had more to go.

flak monkey - 13/7/09 at 09:45 AM

Went and had a look at the yellow one and left a deposit Spanking car

Just need to get shot of the mini now...