Board logo

Zetec engine wanted.
lotusmadandy - 19/7/10 at 06:20 PM

I have asked this question before but i am going to ask again.

I am after a zetec engine,complete or short.Does anyone have one gathering dust/getting in the way,that they want rid of???

Close to the north east would be a bonus.Beer tokens waiting.

Andy

RichardK - 19/7/10 at 06:34 PM

Eh, you broke yours mate?

Just bought one dont be telling Steve cos I paid more than the 50p he paid for his last one! Or was the last one free??

Any way, still need a few more bits to collect before the winter upgrade can start.

Cheers

Rich

lotusmadandy - 19/7/10 at 06:50 PM

No Rich,I aint broke it
I just have an empty stand and several bits ready to build onto a spare motor.

i need something to do with me tools anyway

Oh and i have let the mot expire,DOH

Got it booked in at twelve tomorrow,so hope it passes.

Andy

lotusmadandy - 19/7/10 at 06:51 PM

What did you get Rich, a 1.8 or 2.0????

Andy

Tommy P - 19/7/10 at 07:03 PM

Try U2U to FFTS he has one in his garage, but not sure whats with it.

lotusmadandy - 19/7/10 at 07:18 PM

Cheers Tommy.

Andy

norfolkluego - 19/7/10 at 07:37 PM

I've got one with a big hole in the side and only three pistons, make me an offer

lotusmadandy - 19/7/10 at 07:39 PM

Ermm....

Will a tube of JB Weld fix it?

Andy

norfolkluego - 19/7/10 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lotusmadandy
Ermm....

Will a tube of JB Weld fix it?

Andy

Ooh, high tech fix, I was going to gaffer tape a bit of cardboard over it
How's £2,000 sound, for that I'll even include the remains of the piston, just needs a bit of Blu-tac, be OK

coozer - 19/7/10 at 10:04 PM

Well now boys, I have too many engines in the garage.. remember what I said about the zetec Andy?

Anyway Rich, heres a pic of the one I've just picked up

Yeehaaaa!!

RichardK - 19/7/10 at 10:12 PM

Christ on a bike, that jago's gonna sound nice, is that a silver top behind? Did you know Andy's looking for one of those.

Stafford, Probably still with the pinto and its last drive out.

18th-19th
The Genuine Kit Car Show
Stafford County Showground

Cheers

Rich

coozer - 19/7/10 at 10:15 PM

Yep, he knows its there, that was the free one.. there's a much better T16 turbo further back that I'm keen to get shot of, however I'm real fond of zetecs

Me and Tez are coming down to Stafford and we'll join you at Whetherby again

LG,
Steve

lotusmadandy - 20/7/10 at 07:52 AM

I know how fond you are of zetecs Steve,even more than me!!

Thats why i didnt persue the issue any further,cos i know you will regret letting me take it.
I sold my spare for next to nothing a short while back and as soon as the van left the street,i knew i had made a big mistake
I payed more for the big end bolts than i sold the engine for.

Now i need a new zetec fix

Andy

ChrisW - 20/7/10 at 09:25 AM

If you're still looking I have a 1.8 black top in the garage gathering dust I'd get shot of for not much money.

Chris

FFTS - 20/7/10 at 10:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy P
Try U2U to FFTS he has one in his garage, but not sure whats with it.

Yep I have a Blacktop 2 litre with all ancileries, ecu, injection and gearbox all cling wrapped and on a pallet as it was when I bought it to put in a Indy but repaired thye Pinto block instead. Only trouble is I paid £140 then another £50 to have it couriered from darn sarf. I'm moving house so it could go for £100 if you arrange collection.

ChrisW - 20/7/10 at 10:34 AM

What gearbox is on it?

Guinness - 20/7/10 at 11:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FFTS
Yep I have a Blacktop 2 litre with all ancileries, ecu, injection and gearbox all cling wrapped and on a pallet as it was when I bought it to put in a Indy but repaired thye Pinto block instead. Only trouble is I paid £140 then another £50 to have it couriered from darn sarf. I'm moving house so it could go for £100 if you arrange collection.

I don't want to tread on any toes here, but that is a very tempting offer. If there is a queue / line, can I join!

What I'm trying to say is, if none of the previous posters want it, I'll have it.

Mike

lotusmadandy - 20/7/10 at 06:04 PM

Thanks for the offers gentleman,I think i might be sorted.

Mike, if you want the 2.0,you go for it.
Its a bargain.

Andy

FFTS - 20/7/10 at 06:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Guinness
quote:
Originally posted by FFTS

Its yours!!

I don't want to tread on any toes here, but that is a very tempting offer. If there is a queue / line, can I join!

What I'm trying to say is, if none of the previous posters want it, I'll have it.

Mike

Very rarely do I lose on something but I'm moving and cant take it with me.

U2U sent.

[Edited on 20/7/10 by FFTS]

anup - 28/7/10 at 10:46 AM

I have a Zetec in pieces in the garage, its a silvertop from a Mondeo (not sure of the year)

Still available so if anyone is interested get in touch.

Located Northwest London